PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

When our sophs are seniors

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

When our sophs are seniors

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:44 am

When Nic's gone our 1-2 is most likely Barefield-Shake. Keith and Sterling will be seniors that year and
Sterling most likely will have started for three years at that point.
So our 1-2-3 becomes Barefield, Shake and Sterling....three handles. Hmmmmmm. I like that.

Where does that leave Keith(also a senior at that point) and Emelogou ( who we haven't seen play a minute for us yet)? And then there is Jarrey Foster. Basically we seem set two deep at 1-2-3 for awile.

BEN under...we need a few bigs now but I like how we are starting to look when our sophs are seniors.
A couple of quality bigs....everyone healthy....deep, deep run in April 2017.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: When our sophs are seniors

Postby Harry0569 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:23 am

It's all about building for the future and that is clearly what LB is doing. Building the brand. I love it.

#snapbacku
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby PonyKris89 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:29 pm

I believe we will still have Nic and Kennedy for their Senior years the year before you are citing.
I think THAT could be the year, but we will definitely lose a lot of depth during Nic and Kennedy's senior year.

I believe Those two years will be our best years to compete for a Final Four. Pretty exciting!
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:11 am

Good point. :D
Last edited by SMU 86 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby ojaipony » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:40 am

I seriously doubt MK comes back ($ calls). Nic, I don't know. You have to remember that MK is older than your typical Jr. Although I'd LOVE to see him back and play with Tolbert, I'd put that at about a 5% chance. Thomas playing with Tolbert would be good (he would learn a lot from Tolbert -- savvy, smart, tough veteran . . . and B. Moore).

Regarding Keith and Sterling - I think Sterling is a 2-3 and Keith is strictly a 2.
ojaipony

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:07 am

He is referring to Sterling and Keith "at this point in time" not as the point position.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:45 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:I believe we will still have Nic and Kennedy for their Senior years the year before you are citing.
I think THAT could be the year, but we will definitely lose a lot of depth during Nic and Kennedy's senior year.

I believe Those two years will be our best years to compete for a Final Four. Pretty exciting!

I agree with you. If Nic and Markus play it out through their senior years THAT season may be our best shot at a title or at least a really deep run. We'll need some bigs but I'm really not too concerned about getting them. We will.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Return to Basketball