PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

USA Today: Thomas day before thoughts

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: USA Today: Thomas day before thoughts

Postby Pony147 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Pushed it back to 2 pm
"[College] referees couldn't manage a White Castle." -Mark Cuban
Pony147
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:37 pm

also he was teasing a hint before his announcement on instagram if he made the follwers but I think they missed the deadline
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:38 pm

hoopmanx wrote:A&M could have a really good class on paper, but most of you are higher on the individual kids than I am. I want Elijah Thomas, cause I like a good recruiting victory, it ends there.

Wacka Flocka, or whatever his name is, still going to the announcement? lol
well, i am pretty high on Hogg and Gilder. Hogg has a sweet game. Not sure how you cant say this class is awesome so far.
GiddyUp
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:46 pm

GiddyUp wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:A&M could have a really good class on paper, but most of you are higher on the individual kids than I am. I want Elijah Thomas, cause I like a good recruiting victory, it ends there.

well, i am pretty high on Hogg and Gilder. Hogg has a sweet game. Not sure how you cant say this class is awesome so far.

I like Gilder and Davis, never really seen Hogg do much. Ultimately they have a big, possibly bigs, and we need one or two, so edge them. Man up though, I like our class as much as there's, especially if we pick up a kid today.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:48 pm

I retract my statement. Thomas could commit to the South Harmon Institute of Technology at this point....
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:59 pm

School probably asked him to move things down just 30 minutes because something came up.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Illinois out.

Illini-Nation ‏ @ IlliniNationNet 11m 11 minutes ago

Have been informed that Elijah Thomas told Illini coaches they are NOT his choic
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU1523 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Never felt like Illinois was in the top three.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:18 pm

he keeps putting little tiger emojis in his twitter. Maybe it's LSU to shock the world. That said if Illinois is out that's huge as I thought they had a really strong bead on the kid.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby smusportspage » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:18 pm

4 hours ago he tweeted..."did yall forget I may want to play football?....hint hint.....Duhhh." Well, folks he could start immediately on the Hilltop. Just sayin. Hmmmmm.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:19 pm

hoopmanx wrote:
GiddyUp wrote:

I like Gilder and Davis, never really seen Hogg do much. Ultimately they have a big, possibly bigs, and we need one or two, so edge them. Man up though, I like our class as much as there's, especially if we pick up a kid today.

I like Davis a ton. Probably my 2nd favorite big in the class. I think his upside is tremendous, his development from last year is night and day. Just a great looking prospect down low.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:21 pm

smusportspage wrote:4 hours ago he tweeted..."did yall forget I may want to play football?....hint hint.....Duhhh." Well, folks he could start immediately on the Hilltop. Just sayin. Hmmmmm.

Maybe he was trying to stoke some LSU fans but it will still be a shock if he chooses LSU. No way he plays football at LSU or A&M or anywhere. But if he is a huge football fan obviously explains why LSU & A&M might be the choice. sadly Illinois and us suck at that sport.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

USA Today: Thomas day before thoughts

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:
GiddyUp wrote:[quote="hoopmanx"]A&M could have a really good class on paper, but most of you are higher on the individual kids than I am. I want Elijah Thomas, cause I like a good recruiting victory, it ends there.

I like Davis a ton. Probably my 2nd favorite big in the class. I think his upside is tremendous, his development from last year is night and day. Just a great looking prospect down low.[/quote]

agreed, saw him live at AAU. Better than the other big on that team.
GiddyUp

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:24 pm

smusportspage wrote:4 hours ago he tweeted..."did yall forget I may want to play football?....hint hint.....Duhhh." Well, folks he could start immediately on the Hilltop. Just sayin. Hmmmmm.
seems like a card and goofball
GiddyUp

Postby ojaipony » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:24 pm

My take is that we are building a "running" team and Davis, as much as I love the old school big fellas, just doesn't seem to fit that style. I prefer skilled snipers and runners. We are loading up on that and we aren't done yet I'm guessing.

I like Thomas for the same reason hoopman does - the storyline. That's about it.
ojaipony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball