PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kennedy NOT eligible as of yet per LB

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Kennedy NOT eligible as of yet per LB

Postby SMU1523 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Venting is good...

SMU1523
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Man this just made a major impact on my excitement.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:47 pm

ponyinNC wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:
Pony_Law wrote:Also have to add, how typical SMU is this, seriously. I'm a newer alumni and I didn't buy into the doom and gloom of other pony fans but seriously it seems we are just not allowed to have nice things.

In my 20 years with SMU it has never been easy to be a fan. Our fan base is small for a reason.

From everything I know the Mudiay situation was not on SMU. This is. We are about to find out if things have truly changed. The fact this went public is not good but I'm going to remain optimistic. I'm not sure why though.

this happens and i'm officially out as an SMU fan or mustang club member or donor ever again. the constant kicks in the nads from being an SMU fan just aren't worth it.

either we are committed or we are not. RGT - this is where the rubber will meet the road for plenty of SMU fans. get it done.

This is probably not on the administration. Obviously these kids got admitted and have access to easy classes and tutors (which is what is on the University to provide and for a long time SMU did not). If they can't make the grades they can't make the grades.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby couch 'em » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:51 pm

Is it MK not performing to the required level due to lack of background or booksmarts (this is unacceptable to fail him for) or is he just blowing off classes and not putting in the minimum token effort necessary to be passed?
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Any chance of this helping Thomas make his decision to come to SMU?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:54 pm

Time to shine Yanick.
Pony ^

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:56 pm

couch 'em wrote:Is it MK not performing to the required level due to lack of background or booksmarts (this is unacceptable to fail him for) or is he just blowing off classes and not putting in the minimum token effort necessary to be passed?

Can't imagin it's the former as tutors and the professors would understand that issue. So my guess is (and this is of course just a guess) he either is borderline illiterate, if you can't write a simple sentence you can't pass a college class or he is simply not completing assignments and unable to come close on tests.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Pony_Law wrote:
couch 'em wrote:Is it MK not performing to the required level due to lack of background or booksmarts (this is unacceptable to fail him for) or is he just blowing off classes and not putting in the minimum token effort necessary to be passed?

Can't imagin it's the former as tutors and the professors would understand that issue. So my guess is (and this is of course just a guess) he either is borderline illiterate, if you can't write a simple sentence you can't pass a college class or he is simply not completing assignments and unable to come close on tests.

you'd be surprised at a lot of profs at smu...they could care less about athletes.
Pony ^

Postby couch 'em » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Yes but they should be known. Everyone knows you don't stick an athlete in some like Martha Satz's class. There are other professors who aren't so biased
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby gostangs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Looks like I hit a nerve. I just get tired of folks making their SMU fandom conditional on events that are very likely outside the control of those we hire to run the show - and I can criticize that if I want to, this being a public forum perfect for venting apparently. And Ryan I guess I wont be able to meet you since you will have taken your vast contributions elsewhere - hope no players over at brand X school ever don't make grades.

Mrydel I am afraid it is as likely to hurt as to help - if Thomas thinks he cant stay in school here for some reason. My guess is Mr. Kennedy does not like to go to class - but that is just a guess.
gostangs

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Pony ^ wrote:
Pony_Law wrote:

you'd be surprised at a lot of profs at smu...they could care less about athletes.

Sure there are lots of professors that don't care but I'm sure there are lots of professors that totally understand where these kids come from and want to make sure they are being a good team player for the university. Pretty sure the athletic department and academic advisers can help guide students on what classes and with what professors to take.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUstangs22 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Does anyone know how close he is?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Lebanese4Life » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:15 pm

WTF is this for real? This is on MK and coaching staff/tutors if this is true. Obviously u make sure one of ur star players make the grades to play.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby White Helmet » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:37 pm

couch 'em wrote:Yes but they should be known. Everyone knows you don't stick an athlete in some like Martha Satz's class. There are other professors who aren't so biased

You don't think she would give preferential treatment to athletes?
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm

gostangs wrote:Looks like I hit a nerve. I just get tired of folks making their SMU fandom conditional on events that are very likely outside the control of those we hire to run the show - and I can criticize that if I want to, this being a public forum perfect for venting apparently. And Ryan I guess I wont be able to meet you since you will have taken your vast contributions elsewhere - hope no players over at brand X school ever don't make grades.

Mrydel I am afraid it is as likely to hurt as to help - if Thomas thinks he cant stay in school here for some reason. My guess is Mr. Kennedy does not like to go to class - but that is just a guess.

He goes to class and has monitors to make sure he goes to class. That is not the issue.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball