PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kennedy NOT eligible as of yet per LB

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Kennedy NOT eligible as of yet per LB

Postby hoopmanx » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:47 pm

A top 20 program with or without Markus is pretty nice. Its a blow, but we have 4 starter quality bigs w/Markus, 3 w/o. We need Emelogu cleared
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Pony_Law wrote:Also have to add, how typical SMU is this, seriously. I'm a newer alumni and I didn't buy into the doom and gloom of other pony fans but seriously it seems we are just not allowed to have nice things.

In my 20 years with SMU it has never been easy to be a fan. Our fan base is small for a reason.

From everything I know the Mudiay situation was not on SMU. This is. We are about to find out if things have truly changed. The fact this went public is not good but I'm going to remain optimistic. I'm not sure why though.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:53 pm

PERUNAS MOTHER [deleted] LAW
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:56 pm

To borrow a somewhat of a quote from couch'em. They need to do what needs to be done. Or something like that.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMUstangs22 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Hoopman, what kind of chance this gets resolved in time? I will say MK was not in a good mood at the signing at ford stadium. Anyone else get that impression?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyinNC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:03 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
Pony_Law wrote:Also have to add, how typical SMU is this, seriously. I'm a newer alumni and I didn't buy into the doom and gloom of other pony fans but seriously it seems we are just not allowed to have nice things.

In my 20 years with SMU it has never been easy to be a fan. Our fan base is small for a reason.

From everything I know the Mudiay situation was not on SMU. This is. We are about to find out if things have truly changed. The fact this went public is not good but I'm going to remain optimistic. I'm not sure why though.

this happens and i'm officially out as an SMU fan or mustang club member or donor ever again. the constant kicks in the nads from being an SMU fan just aren't worth it.

either we are committed or we are not. RGT - this is where the rubber will meet the road for plenty of SMU fans. get it done.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyKai » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:05 pm

I don't know all the facts. And I know it sucks. But sometimes, really, there is only so much that you can do to "get it done." I know these kids here are training and majoring in basketball. But there's a limit. Maybe this was it.
PonyKai

Postby hoopmanx » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:I don't know all the facts. And I know it sucks. But sometimes, really, there is only so much that you can do to "get it done." I know these kids here are training and majoring in basketball. But there's a limit. Maybe this was it.

I don't believe there is a limit, when you're letting in kids to reap revenue for your bottom line, when you know they can't read. The second you let kids in that disadvantaged, you need to hold up your end of the bargain
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Hoopman said that he came in at a very low reading level and the SMU tutors have helped but there is only so much that you can do in those situations.
Last edited by SMU 86 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby gostangs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

It cracks me up when "fans" draw these little lines in the sand and threaten to take their huge donor funds away over this item or that. It is as if they think RGT is reading the board and just wondering what he should do, and hoping some anonymous poster will make it clear for him. Or like he didn't notice how great basketball while seated on the front row for a dozen games in a row, and doesn't realize how it got that way.

Have faith in the people who run the show. If you don't, that's fine - get lost, but nobody wants to hear your tantrum.
gostangs

Postby Harry0569 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:13 pm

SMU 86 wrote:Hoopman said that he came in at a very low reading level and the the SMU tutors have helped but there is only so much that you can do in those situations.

Hire tutors and professors from UNC
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Harry0569 wrote:
SMU 86 wrote:Hoopman said that he came in at a very low reading level and the SMU tutors have helped but there is only so much that you can do in those situations.

Hire tutors and professors from UNC

We have the tutors but not the professors from UNC.

SMU 86

Postby ponyinNC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:24 pm

gostangs wrote:It cracks me up when "fans" draw these little lines in the sand and threaten to take their huge donor funds away over this item or that. It is as if they think RGT is reading the board and just wondering what he should do, and hoping some anonymous poster will make it clear for him. Or like he didn't notice how great basketball while seated on the front row for a dozen games in a row, and doesn't realize how it got that way.

Have faith in the people who run the show. If you don't, that's fine - get lost, but nobody wants to hear your tantrum.

go eff yourself. sometimes people need to vent in a public forum, which is what these boards are for.

you get lost, because nobody wants your little b_tchy attitude.

PS - my name is Ryan Foster. look me up a-hole.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Definitely a frustrating time in SMU sports. I understand the venting.

SMU 86

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Ryan,
Are you coming in for a game this season? I've got our first round of Deep Ellum IPAs when you do. We can vent.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball