PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How did aTm pull this class???

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: How did aTm pull this class???

Postby redpony » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:49 pm

maybe we should ask the ncaa to start checking their parking lots for new trans-ams.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Avery was a great recruiter and kept them all together. We weren't going to take the whole group. I don't think LB likes the idea of being pressured into giving ships that he doesn't want to.
JasonB

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:31 pm

JasonB wrote:Avery was a great recruiter and kept them all together. We weren't going to take the whole group. I don't think LB likes the idea of being pressured into giving ships that he doesn't want to.

What do you mean we weren't going to take the whole group? We have 5 ships in this class and were recruiting all of them. We would have taken all 4. Who wouldn't you have taken?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Bottom line: it's not too much to ask that Larry and Ulric should have closed at least one of the ten top 100 guys from DFW
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:42 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Bottom line: it's not too much to ask that Larry and Ulric should have closed at least one of the ten top 100 guys from DFW

That statement is not unreasonable imo. And that is not to say they are not doing a good job because they are.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mavsrage311 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
JasonB wrote:Avery was a great recruiter and kept them all together. We weren't going to take the whole group. I don't think LB likes the idea of being pressured into giving ships that he doesn't want to.

What do you mean we weren't going to take the whole group? We have 5 ships in this class and were recruiting all of them. We would have taken all 4. Who wouldn't you have taken?

I think Jason means that LB didn't want to give Avery Junior a scholarship, but instead offered him a walk-on spot. I think we would've had all these kids if we offered Jr. a scholarship. They wouldn't have went there if Junior didn't commit first.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby Alaric » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:47 am

mavsrage311 wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

I think Jason means that LB didn't want to give Avery Junior a scholarship, but instead offered him a walk-on spot. I think we would've had all these kids if we offered Jr. a scholarship. They wouldn't have went there if Junior didn't commit first.

I'm good friends with a couple of guys who watch a LOT of AAU ball and one used to coach - they don't like AJ as a player at all
Alaric
Hall of Famer

Postby hoopmanx » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 am

Elijah and Hogg are both scary overrated. Love Davis, but prefer either of Shake/Barefield to Gilder, specifically for our needs and what we're clearly trying to do. I really like Gilder, but I like Vick more as well

We could use some bigs, but we have McDuffie on this weekend, and he's a combo kid. I get lots of differing reports on his game, from a few very reputable people that have scouted him for scholarship. We're talking about mesmerizing versatility and athleticism in this class, if we land he and Vick in the next week.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:28 am

Hoopmanx is like the Adam Schefter to SMU Basketball. This makes me feel better.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:57 am

JasonB wrote: I don't think LB likes the idea of being pressured into giving ships that he doesn't want to.

You have a short memory - does John Michael Mudiay ring a bell?
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 95mustang » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:58 am

Wish I had taken a pic this summer, but saw an A$M basketball kid working out at Lifetime Fitness in houston get into a very tricked out Escalade. Was probably his uncle's... [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] SEC $ is flowing in College Station.
95mustang
Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:52 am

95mustang wrote:Wish I had taken a pic this summer, but saw an A$M basketball kid working out at Lifetime Fitness in houston get into a very tricked out Escalade. Was probably his uncle's... [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] SEC $ is flowing in College Station.

And just like their football team....It won't do a thing
Pony ^

Postby Tx_Mustang10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm

95mustang wrote:Wish I had taken a pic this summer, but saw an A$M basketball kid working out at Lifetime Fitness in houston get into a very tricked out Escalade. Was probably his uncle's... [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] SEC $ is flowing in College Station.

I'm pretty sure the NCAA is the only one denying that ATM and its boosters pay their high-caliber athletes under the table
Tx_Mustang10
Junior Varsity

Postby SMU1523 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:12 pm

I really hope Davis, Hogg, and Thomas reopen their commitments before it is all said and done. I really loathe aTm...
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Tx_Mustang'10 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the NCAA is the only one denying that ATM and its boosters pay their high-caliber athletes under the table

I don't think they are paying their players. Handlers yes but players no.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball