PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BHop

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

BHop

Postby Nacho » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:09 pm

I don't want to put too much on this guy, after all he has just played his first college game at is about 50% at best, but late in the game and especially in OT I got a very good feeling when he had the ball. It's hard to describe but he had the look of someone who wasn't going to get rattled, knew how to win and intended to win. I don't understand it but some players play to win while others play to play. I think BHop plays to win.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: BHop

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:46 pm

Your right. He did the same thing at Lincoln and in the summer league with Team Texas. He plays with a confidence and calmness. The fact that he was able to finish off TCU while playing at 60% in his first college game says a lot. When he gets healthy SMU fans will be amazed at what this young man can do. Just wait until he explodes through the lane and elevates over a couple of big men and flushes a one handed dunk. Looking at him you wouldnt think that is possible but let me tell you, he can. Lets just hope he gets rid of this nagging injury.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: BHop

Postby ClassOf81 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:13 pm

Couldn't agree with you more. What stood out to me was the fact that although he was playing in his first college game, and that he was playing hurt, he didn't waver at the idea of taking those big shots in overtime. He's a special player who wants the ball when the game is on the line. He seemed completely unbothered by the situation. First game, against a rival, noisy crowd .... nothing but net.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Return to Basketball