PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Starting 5 this year

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Starting 5 this year

Postby ojaipony » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:19 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Nic
Martin
Sterling
Markus
Yanick

With this lineup I like our chances against anyone!
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jerry2011 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 am

Let my clarify as Cunningham and Yanick are great players but have the potential to be much better given their height.

Cunningham is a tremendous shooter for his size and a great offensive weapon. With that said, he tends to be lazy on defense. Yanick is 6'11 so I hope he's a beast on the boards. He needs to be wayyyy more aggressive on the offensive side of the ball. Here is my starting lineup:

NMoore - Boss
SBrowne - If Keith shows LB he's developed the mental aspect of the game I see him starting at some point. Both these guys will need to have a huge year.
JMartin - scores, rebounds, all around great addition
Bmoore - At 6'8 he will have to step up if Markus cant go. In my opinion, he has the ability to be one of the best players on the court no matter who we play and gives more effort than anyone
MKennedy - Why is he a history major? Get him in the sports mgmt program. I see Cunningham over Yanick if he can't go.

Let's be honest, none of this matters if we don't find someone who can take up the ball if/when NMoore gets in foul trouble.
jerry2011

Postby Alaric » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:51 am

ClickClack wrote:
jerry2011 wrote:Yanick is way too soft and Cunningham is lazy - they cant be on the court at the same time. Keith and Bmoore are going to be the x factors this year.

How is Cannen Lazy? Not showing emotion on the court and being lazy are totally different.

LB has said Cannen's motor can run a little slow at time (he said that while saying he's got a high basketball iq and athleticism). I was surprised how active he was at the practice...more active than i've ever seen him
Alaric
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:03 am

jerry2011 wrote: Let's be honest, none of this matters if we don't find someone who can take up the ball if/when NMoore gets in foul trouble.

You do have a good point there.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball