PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Worst TV announcers ever?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Worst TV announcers ever?

Postby crazy horse » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:15 am

You would think Tech could assemble a better crew. They are pathetic.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Re: Worst TV announcers ever?

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:19 am

My sentiments exactly. Knight is peddling everything.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smudad » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:02 am

The 'color guy' (and I use that term with reservations) actually called two trips down the floor when they threw the ball away, great possessions. I couldn't take him or our play and departed.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Postby PK » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:41 am

Next time, turn the volume off on the TV and listen to our guys on the radio....much better way to go....plus they are on our side while still giving a pretty balanced report of the game.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Eddie P » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:48 am

What the hell are you guys talking about? EVERY Tech Possession was "great." That turnover was "great hustle." That foul was "great effort." Anything and everything is "great." I wish I could send the game tape to my old editing professor, Susan Krasnow.

Who are those guys anyway? They both looked about 27 years old, max. They sounded about 20.

Sorry, I forgot some stuff...

"Oops, the refs missed ANOTHER foul on the Mustangs." "Great intensity!" "Amoeba" "Wild shot" "Running around"

If you missed the broadcast, you've just read the transcript for about 98% of it.

[This message has been edited by Eddie P (edited 11-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Eddie P (edited 11-27-2002).]

Postby smudad » Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:15 am

Watched (listened to) those same pathetic guys again last night on the TCU/Tech game. I understand 'homers'. But these guys descend to a new, never-before-aspired-to level. Is Knight partly the cause of this? Are they afraid if they don't cheer enough he'll have them castrated? It's hard to believe he would know or care. But these guys are just not normal. We may get a lot of Tech's games. I wouldn't mind watching otherwise. But I just can't take that Rainbow Girls approach to announcing.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Return to Basketball