PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tough schedule?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tough schedule?

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:35 am

If anyone doubts the difficulty of our schedule, consider the start some of our opponents are off to. After a tough game with TCU, we got Tech on the road with only one day's rest. UNT beat SWMo at their place. SWMo beat St Louis of CUSA tonight. Oral Roberts, next up after UNT, beat Arkansas tonight. Wake Forest/ACC...enough said. Even App State, perhaps our best chance for a non-conference road win, beat UNC-Charlotte last night. If we don't get thoroughly whipped, this schedule should certainly prepare us for WAC play.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tough schedule?

Postby PX » Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:40 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
<B>If anyone doubts the difficulty of our schedule, consider the start some of our opponents are off to. After a tough game with TCU, we got Tech on the road with only one day's rest. UNT beat SWMo at their place. SWMo beat St Louis of CUSA tonight. Oral Roberts, next up after UNT, beat Arkansas tonight. Wake Forest/ACC...enough said. Even App State, perhaps our best chance for a non-conference road win, beat UNC-Charlotte last night. If we don't get thoroughly whipped, this schedule should certainly prepare us for WAC play. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought I was the only one that noticed the App State upset. UNCC lost their 2 best players from last season, but they had another top-20 recruiting class, and they are a perennial NCAA team. Wake Forest is actually not as great this year, they're an NIT team at best. They're seriously young and their 2 best players were injured through the entire offseason. I said a month ago that several of the teams our fans are taking for granted are actually better than Wake this season. Maybe now you'll believe me.
PX
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:17 pm

looking closer at the schedule, I see where Gardner-Webb played Tennessee to a 2 pt game before losing at Knoxville and San Diego knocked off 14th ranked UCLA at Pauley. It will be an accomplishment to play .500 with this non-conference schedule.
Charleston Pony

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:27 pm

Cp, what all that said, I don't see an easy game until Jan 11th vs. SJSU...(but after the Hawaii game I am sure they will be tired.) I see maybe going 4-8 in that stretch with possible wins over Gardner Webb, North Texas, UNLV, or Baylor? You made me look at the schedule closer... This schedule IS very difficult when you look at it. 3 tough road games in conf play to start with. San Diego has Mike Fischer correct from Michigan?

[This message has been edited by Pony_Fan (edited 11-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Pony_Fan (edited 11-27-2002).]
Pony_Fan

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:48 pm

San Diego gets hot in OT, takes down UCLA

We play them January 2, 2003.

Might be a long season.

DBB
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman