PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tech Sucks We are Worse

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tech Sucks We are Worse

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:05 am

We need to face it. Q can not get all the points. Can anyone else score? I have never seen such poor passing in all my life. This is pathetic!

Tech is awful. Just really bad. They are talentless! Our athleticism did nothing for us tonight!

Too bad Hopkins could not play!

DBB
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Re: Tech Sucks We are Worse

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:28 am

DBB - I will have to agree with you. We couldn't protect the ball, silly turnovers, gave up easy buckets. Another sloppy ballgame...what the h*ll does Dement have them do in practice Prof X??

Tech is not that great - they play smart and have some decent screens. We can't shoot the ball well. I thought Miller would provide some offense but this was ridiculous.

W/out Hopkins we aren't very good at all.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Airpony » Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:45 am

How much longer do we have to put up with this offense? Dement sucks - i've seen this crap for 5 + years - his offense schemes are terrible
Airpony

Postby rogershealy » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:05 am

**** you all
smu rules
rogershealy
Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:13 pm

Obviously a sad effort in Lubbock last night. I dont agree with those that think Tech is talentless though. Emmitt, Powell and Chavis are all very good veterans and their Euros looked stiff but knew how to play the game. The inexcusable thing by SMU was the horrible position defense we played and pathetic fouls we continually committed. Hopkins injury is getting worse fast. I was surprised by our lack of intensity, I guess we were satisfied with the TCU win. It hurt though because Espn featured the game on its halftime highlights during the Maui tourney. SMU had a chance for some good exposure, and instead we laid a serious egg.
Hoop Fan

Postby PX » Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:24 pm

I dont know if the question about practice was facetious, but its too broad to really answer on the board. Talk to me in person, sometime.

it was frustrating to see Chavis doing so well when we are badly undermanned at the point. Chavis was a JC player that was leaning towards SMU, but changed his mind when Tech hired Bobby Knight. Having an experienced point guard would have helped us, last year and now.
PX
Varsity

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:37 pm

Nope, I was being serious...not sure what you look like but I am at all games..I will try to make a practice and see what happens myself. What is the practice schedule nowadays?
Pony_Fan

Postby PX » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pony_Fan:
<B>Nope, I was being serious...not sure what you look like but I am at all games..I will try to make a practice and see what happens myself. What is the practice schedule nowadays?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what the schedule will be this week. Normally Wednesday is an off day, Thursday 1:30-4, Fri 10:30-1. Normally the day after a game is an off day, or just film and shoot around. Not sure what they will do today, its obvious some of them need a rest, but its also a short turnaround to get ready for UNT, so I cant really say.
UNT is better than most of our fans give them credit for. Looking at their lineup, on paper they match up very well with us everywhere except point guard, and while Hopkins is struggling that becomes a moot point.

I'm 6'4", very wide, blonde hair, beard. At fridays game I will probably be sitting in section AA, row 3, next to the little platform they built for the cheerleaders.
PX
Varsity

Postby HorsePower » Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:44 pm

How did we shoot last night from the 3-point line? We had to be better than we were against TCU.
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby PK » Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:19 pm

Nope. At least not enough to write home about...3 of 14.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:19 pm

Not much.....3 of 14 (21%)
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby smudad » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:40 pm

21% from the 3. 37% shooting overall. And 6 total assists - 3 of those are Q's. But that's been the story for the last several years. I don't care how sorry Tech is. Watching them pass the ball compared to SMU dribbling the ball constantly makes you want to spit up.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Postby Airpony » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:51 pm

BigSky, Montana?

Spit up - makes me sick too - yes, I'd like to do that when i watch too Image

One on One dribble = Dement's offense
Passing, screens = Knight, Hawaii, or Tulsa
Airpony

Return to Basketball