PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

dement

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

dement

Postby football_fan » Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:50 am

does anyone know if dement's job is on the line this year? i know copeland has extremely low expectations for his coaches so he's probley waiting for dement to have another 4 or 5 unsuccessfull campaines before thinking about a change.

while it takes time to develop a football team (although not as long as we're taking)a basketball team can be turned into a winner in only a couple of seasons, especially in the wac. one nit first round lose just doesnt cut it. also, the fact that our team always plays worse towards the end of every season is a direct result of coaching in my opinion.

copeland why do our revenue sports teams always suck. i've watched fan support for bball and football go from weak to basicly non existent over the last few years. we had momentum after ford stadium was built but thats long gone. si was right our sports program is in shambles.
football_fan

Re: dement

Postby Airpony » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:17 am

You should mail or email Mr. Copeland to express your discontent with the program. I am fed up with Dement myself and the lack of any assemblance of an offense the last 5 + years. I really think his job should be on the line this year. Granted Hopkins is a great addition but we can thank Tubbs for that. I would think the assistants would have some say since they have coached under good programs but I guess it's Dements way or nothing. Tulsa gets a new coach almost every single year and they keep getting better. I am really tired of watching Dement's crap.

jcopelan@mail.smu.edu
Jim Copeland, Director of Athletics
Box 750216
Dallas, TX 75275-0216
Airpony

Return to Basketball