PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs UNT

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU vs UNT

Postby rogershealy » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:49 am

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, but it is time to get serious. Our ponies play host to the UNT (dont know their mascot) tomorrow night. We need to pack the house. Everyone that is town needs to go. Tickets are cheap, so see ya there.
PS-if you have face paint, don't hesitate to use it.
rogershealy
Varsity

Re: SMU vs UNT

Postby Jonas Seuraut » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:30 am

It's the Eagles.

And I'll be there with 40 or so of my closest friends.

------------------
The Diamond M.
The Diamond M.
Jonas Seuraut

Postby rogershealy » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:13 pm

good deal
rogershealy
Varsity

Postby DallasDiehard » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:32 pm

I'm concered about the team's shooting. Q has been strong, obviously, with 28 points in each game.

But as a team, we/re shooting .161 from 3-point range? That's inexcusable. Our "best" long-range shooter so far is Brian Miller, who's hit a scalding 2-of-7 (.286) shots from long range. Q's the only other guy who's hit more than one 3 in the first two games - he's 2-for-10. I know it's early and that things will even themselves out, but that's not good.

And the free-throw shooting continues to plague the team. For the last two years, Dement has called Kris Lowe our best free throw shooter - he's 3-for-6. That's very discouraging. Patrick Simpson is 1-for-3. They haven't had many attempts, and with a couple of successful trips to the line, those percentages will jump back up.

But we're going to have a hard time beating people if we don't hit more free throws and make at least a few 3's every now and then.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby SMUguy » Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:18 pm

Kris Lowe has looked lost in the first two games. There have been times when he's running around like he literally doesn't know where he's supposed to be, or what he's supposed to be doing. Or am I the only one who's seeing it that way? We need him to find his shot. Soon.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:40 pm

3 pt shooting has been horrific. FT's always seem to be a problem for some reason.

IMO - KLowe is always kinda lost out there.

I hope we can turn things around quickly with Isham, Hopkins, and Voc most likely out of the lineup.

[This message has been edited by Pony_Fan (edited 11-29-2002).]
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball