PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Oral Roberts

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Oral Roberts

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:37 pm

I looked up the scouting report on the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles: their top returning scorers are senior forward Reggie Borges (6'8"), who averaged 14.4 points and 6.6 rebounds per game, and senior guard Tyrone Tiggs (5'11"), who had 13.1 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. Their top newcomer this year is freshman guard Jonathan Bluitt (5'9").

The Golden Eagles were 17-14 last year, and 10-4 in the Mid-Continent conference, which helped them finish in a tie for second in the league. SMU has won all 6 meetings between the teams, including an 82-64 victory last season.

We're going to be 3-1 after Wednesday's win.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Re: Oral Roberts

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:50 pm

has anyone been paying attention to bracey wright? it was one of b-hop's team texas teammates. he has helped indiana already win the maui invitational and they slaughtered north texas last night. too bad we couldn't pull HIM here Image

Postby SMUguy » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:00 pm

His old man was a Mustang, and Bracey should have been a Mustang, too.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:16 pm

Not so fast Pony4Life. They are a solid club who beat Arkansas this year. They also play very tough at home and Tulsa loses to them almost every year. This is not an easy win by any means...but with Q playing like this he seems unstoppable...we need more point production from somewhere.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:32 pm

I saw Tulsa Vs. Arkansas this past weekend.

Oral Roberts use to be one of our easiest wins, but Arkansas is not a bad club.

If Tulsa continues to improve, we are going to have our hands full. Swanson and Reed are very good!
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:42 pm

And Tulsa's Kevin Johnson is excellent, also.

Forgive me, Pony_Fan - I guess I'm optimistic by nature!

Go Ponies!

[This message has been edited by Pony4Life (edited 12-02-2002).]
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:46 pm

Let's be optimistic and get a "W"
Pony_Fan

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:26 pm

I'm all for being optimistic, but the fact is that a road win at Oral Roberts' Mabee Center would be a quality win. I know those guys beat Arkansas on their home floor and anytime you beat a SEC team, you've improved your RPI. Tulsa, who is expected to dominate the WAC, barely held on to beat Arkansas on the Hogs' home court.

I will get a look at Oral Roberts when they play here in the College of Charleston's tourney. C of C just won the Great Alaska shoot-out, beating Wyoming (defending MWC champs), Okla St & Villanova (who beat #12 Mich St to get to the finals). Bottom line is that a road win at Oral Roberts could really boost our RPI and help the WAC's overall RPI. Those things are improtant come tourney time, if we want more than one team into the Big Dance.
Charleston Pony

Postby Ringer » Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
<B>I'm all for being optimistic, but the fact is that a road win at Oral Roberts' Mabee Center would be a quality win. I know those guys beat Arkansas on their home floor and anytime you beat a SEC team, you've improved your RPI. Tulsa, who is expected to dominate the WAC, barely held on to beat Arkansas on the Hogs' home court.

I will get a look at Oral Roberts when they play here in the College of Charleston's tourney. C of C just won the Great Alaska shoot-out, beating Wyoming (defending MWC champs), Okla St & Villanova (who beat #12 Mich St to get to the finals). Bottom line is that a road win at Oral Roberts could really boost our RPI and help the WAC's overall RPI. Those things are improtant come tourney time, if we want more than one team into the Big Dance.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are definitely on the money. Oral Roberts would be a great win if we can pull it off. "If" is the key word. This Oral Roberts team is a scrappy one. I would say that they are underrated this year and that is exactly the type of team that can get it on you before you know what hit you. Let's hope the Mustangs realize what they are in for and go prepared to play. GO MUSTANGS!!!!! GET MEAN!!!!
Ringer
Recruit

Postby SmooPower » Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:26 am

Oral Roberts improved to 4-0 tonight with a 77-69 win over Tenn State. They were shooting lights out from 3 point range but that changed a bit tonight.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby PonyFan » Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:25 pm

And we didn't defend against the 3 very well against North Texas. How many did that point guard hit? 6 of them? When Hopkins gets healthy, he'll be a lot quicker defending on the perimeter. Unfortunately, he won't have time off to heal up until the break for exams, and even then, he might not have enough time.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Basketball