PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

is ORU favored?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

is ORU favored?

Postby Nacho » Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:00 pm

I haven't seen a line but I would guess that they are favored.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: is ORU favored?

Postby SmooPower » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:35 pm

From what I am reading OR actually considers itself the underdog tonight.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:29 pm

Lots of talk on the ORU board of doubling up on Ross and denying him the ball. I think there will be a lot of defense pressure on him since he has been scoring so well. We need other players to step tonight. I guess maybe a box and 1 or put a great defender on Ross - not sure how they will defend.

They also mention a webcast on there somewhere - check it out

ORU board -
<A HREF="http://www.tulsasportsweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=20f1fc98d54d8b85674f55c63149e8fd&forumid=24" TARGET=_blank>http://www.tulsasportsweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=20f1fc98d54d8b85674f55c63149e8fd&forumid=24</A>
Pony_Fan

Postby PX » Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:40 pm

I took a look at the RPI and Sagarin rankings a little while ago, and we are ahead of ORU in both. Its a little early for those rankings to have too much meaning, teams need to play at least 10 games or so to start making valid comparisons. But right now it looks like we would be favored.
ORU's victory over Arkansas looked impressive at first, but the Hogs are starting to really flounder now. Thats probably hurting ORU in the computer rankings.
PX
Varsity

Postby Nacho » Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:53 pm

ORU played us tough last year. It's about time for someone besides Ross to step up and do some scoring. I keep waiting for Simpson to have a breakout night. Probably won't come tonight but it will happen sooner or later. If things hold true to form (ie Poerner, Sasser, Ross, Hancock) he will probably be a dominat force his senior year. Regarding this game, I expect SMU to lose.
Nacho

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:11 pm

Obviously, it depends alot on how BHop feels tonight. If he can give at least 20 quality minutes, we are a different team. I actually wouldnt mind seeing him sit out tonight and take the extra rest over finals to get better. Its a long season and beating ORU is probably not as important to this program as making a good showing against Wake on nat. tv and beating Baylor. I look for Castro to come up big if we are going to have a good chance to win. He is from OK, and should have some extra motivation tonight.
Hoop Fan

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:42 pm

I wish B-Hop would get healthy. No one gives him respect, which is to our advantage, b/c he has been hobbled with the hip injury. Hopefully he can play some quality minutes against ORU and help Q add some more points. I'd like to see Lowe and Isham get some shots, as well as Voc. Voc looked great in the preseason, but has yet to really come out and play 100%. Go Mustangs! SMU 85 ORU 79

Return to Basketball