PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Yanick Got Exposed

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Yanick Got Exposed

Postby SMU 86 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:52 pm

ojaipony wrote:Yanick is a "runner". He's more of a SF than a true center IMHO if he can consistently knock down a 10-15 footer. He's not a "banger" center which is definitely what the Zags had. Hell, they had TWO AND some really smooth SFs like Sabonis and the KY dude (Wiltjer or however the [deleted] you spell it).

I think Yanick and MK team up together nicely. kind of a "thunder and lightning" duo.

I still think we should start JMart and Sterling along with Nic, BenM, and Yanick for now.

I think Sabonis and the Kentucky transfer were more power forwards than small forwards.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:13 pm

We need to run more - how about that? LB doesnt play into strengths sometimes
GiddyUp

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Yanick wasn't the only one that got punked, they pretty much bullied our whole team. Maybe we should start recruiting some of these "white stiffs" :lol:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:41 pm

TDMustang wrote:On a side note, Keith hasn't looked much better this season. Still not getting anything going towards the basket and making the same mental errors as last year. It hurts because nobody loves rooting for Keith more than me.

My thoughts exactly!
Yes it's wayyyyyyyy early.
But what gives with this guy?
I will continue to hope he can put it together...we sure need him.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyswim » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Running more is good in theory. But the theory has to start with defensive rebounding and a defense that turns the ball over. Neither has happened much this year. I think Larry would be great with running more if we can just get some defensive rebounds.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby ponyscott » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:59 am

SMU 86 wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:I think what could have happened is that we inadvertently ended up scheduling a final four contender just like we did in Football with TCU and Baylor, and even though we are good, we weren't ready for that level of play YET and the extremely hostile environment.

Please note that when we scheduled them we had no idea that Kennedy would be out or that Mudiay would be going pro. We also had to upgrade our schedule to look better in order to have a better chance with the NCAA selection committee. Scheduling the 13th ranked team in the country is not a bad scheduling move. We just didn't have the players we thought we would have nor did we know that the Zags would reload like they did. There is also a chance that we made them look better than they really are by playing like we did.

This ^^^
ponyscott

Previous

Return to Basketball