PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

IU's hall of calls

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

IU's hall of calls

Postby purduedavie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:04 am

Be prepared for some bad officiating on Thursday, trust me it's going to be tough to overcome. IU has a good outside shooting team but are very thin upfront, it's a game SMU could win but not if they play like last night. Nic Moore paired up with 5-7 Yogi Ferrell will be a much kinder matchup than he had against the Zags, also IU's short front court will be no where near as good as last nights, SMU should have a advantage. As for last night, Moore was exposed a little, nice player but in my mind a player of the year candidate isn't warranted, Yannick looked bad, maybe chalk it up as a bad matchup for him, Martin looked like a new player to the program which he is, he'll get lots better, lastly, Kennedy is missed tremendously, the man is a load, study up kid, the ponies need you to be a team capable of winning the conference and making a nice run in the tourney. Anyhow, my guess is IU will be slight favorites on Thursday, I think Brown gets SMU to right the ship and they win the game by 7 points.
purduedavie
Scout Team

Re: IU's hall of calls

Postby SMU 86 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:55 am

Does the short front court include the 2 players that were suspended and returning from suspension against SMU?
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby purduedavie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:21 pm

They'll both be back, what a joke that is, not the first drug test these guys have flunked according to many close to the program. Both are smallish types who are capable of good games, it will give IU more depth but they aren't what I would call stud frontcourt guys. It's going to be a great test for SMU, raucous crowd, biased officiating etc, if they get out with a win it will make a great resume builder.
purduedavie
Scout Team

Postby purduedavie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Told you about the refs, that place is a bear to win at. Even so, no excuse to let a team who the only way can beat you is by making 3's have that many open freaking 3's, that game really angered me I hate IU!
purduedavie
Scout Team

Return to Basketball