PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tip o' the cap

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tip o' the cap

Postby GoZags » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:59 am

First of all, it is a pleasure to "visit" one of the better basketball boards I've come across in the last 20 years or so of "perusing" college basketball sites. The tenor of this board (which I've "stalked" the last week or so) seems to reflect your h.c. ... class, serious, reasonable and in my opinion HOF.

It hasn't been easy getting Top 20-25 programs to visit the Kennel, and I understand the reasoning behind the SMU/Gonzaga home and home series. Fortunately GU has also gotten on campus home and homes with Arizona and UCLA ... but this SMU "series" intrigues me.

Last night wasn't fun for you guys (believe me ... I've "been there" for similar games against Virginia (down 60-26 at the half) and v Illinois (down 58-27 at the half) ... but what was consistent in all of those games was the team that was down DID NOT give up.

Not much on my agenda today other than to say "thank you" to your program ... and I'm looking forward to coming to Dallas for next year's "rematch".

This has a chance to be a special year for both of our programs ... and SMU now has a legion of fans in the PNW that heretofore did not exist. And not just because you guys doing well helps our RPI. I think it's because of the "class" nature of your coach, and your program. I'll have fun following you guys ...and

Beat Indiana

Note: I generally don't link our board as it's kinda rude ... but we aren't on a "pay per click". That being said, I thought the "SMU Class" thread may be of interest to you guys (with the exception of the Arizona fan that didn't like that you guys were pressing against the GU walkons ... which I didn't mind at all).
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/sho ... -SMU-Class
GoZags

Re: Tip o' the cap

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks.

Obviously we are all very down today, but last night was pretty fun other than the result.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyfan37 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:42 pm

You guys have a hell of a team. Best of luck this season.
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby SmooBoy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Have been a closet Zags fan for years. Your coach is one of the best. Good luck this season. Classy post.
SmooBoy

Postby Oliver » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Wow I must admit I've never seen a nicer thread of comments about our squad from opposing fans than that. Thanks for posting GoZags, and yes we're all rooting for Gonzaga to play well the rest of the way.
#GodFather #Tempo
Oliver
All-American

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks gozags. I'm putting money on the Zags to reach the final 4 this weekend in vegas. Y'all looked incredibly good. Rooting for y'all the rest of the way.
Pony ^

Postby Rebel_Pony » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I think one of the commentators on the broadcast stated, to paraphrase, "if there are 12 teams out there better than Gonzaga, I'd like to see them." I, for one, hope that bears itself out (and I tend to agree). Thanks for the kind comments, and see you in Dallas next year.
Rebel_Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby ojaipony » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Congrats on a well deserved win. I hope you enjoy what should be a great run for you this year. I hope we meet again in the tourney (in the final four) :-)
ojaipony

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Final Four team unless Pagnos gets cold. Very well balanced front and back. Great transfer adds. We have a lot of work to do.
GiddyUp

Postby alyssa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:04 pm

You're a good dog and much smarter than seacatfan.
alyssa
All-American

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:06 pm

If that front line plays well, the Zags could be a serious challenger to UK during tourney time.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:58 pm

You guys are going to have a fun year (us too, I hope). See you next year (if we don't see you in the tourney).
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU 86 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:16 pm

alyssa wrote:You're a good dog and much smarter than seacatfan.

Seacatfan seemed like their version of B12Mustang.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby CalallenStang » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:35 pm

I've always liked Gonzaga. Few is a great coach. GoZags, hope you stick around and join in from time to time. Good luck the rest of the way, at least until we see you in the tournament.
CalallenStang

Postby The Falcon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:06 am

Thanks GoZags for your classy remarks. I do believe out team has some quality players
and our coach is unbelievable. He is Mr. Class. Thanks for noticing.

We were very impressed with your team and hope you go far in the tourney. We are also
looking forward to the meeting in Dallas next year (if not sooner.) I know we will play a
lot better - I believe we will have learned several things from the thumping you gave us -
that will help us down the road.

Thanks for the link to the Zags' board. I enjoyed reading the comments.
The Falcon
All-American

Next

Return to Basketball