PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Any word

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Any word

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:45 pm

on the health of our PGs? Without Hop or Voc playing significant minutes on Sunday it may be a long evening. Wake will be big and play smart....ACC basketball.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Any word

Postby PX » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:01 pm

Voc practiced yesterday. He looked about the same, although it was a somewhat ragged practice for everyone, the first full practice after exams. Bryan shot free throws, rode the stationary bike, and did some stretching and agility drills on the side. I believe he'll play on Sunday. I think they practice at Moody again tonight, and leave for Wake tomorrow morning.
PX
Varsity

Postby RI Stang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:19 pm

Do you see Hopkins playing major minutes, or more likely just 10-15? I'm also curious what our starting lineup will be. Wake is very big, so I would think we'd have to start a 3rd big man (with Castro and Simpson) up front rather than Lowe. Jibran perhaps?
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:43 pm

Man, at this point the best thing might just be to sit Hop until after the holidays. This cycle of not practicing and then playing at 50% is starting to be a chronic thing. The guy is not anywhere near himself. Its hard to bite the bullet with a national tv game at Wake and a rivalry game coming up with Baylor, but Dement might have to think long term at this point.
Hoop Fan

Postby KnuckleStang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:29 pm

I agree with HoopFan, if Hopkins cannot seem to get healthy, they're going to have to put him on his rear for a while, as hard as that seems. A healthy January Hop is preferable to one that limps around and stinks it up ALL THROUGH THE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:49 pm

HF I agree 100%. Sitting Hop until the first of Jan might be the best option. If he remains the same after that it may be in everyone's best interest to have him get a medical redshirt. I just really hate to see him playing this way when I know that he is 5 times the player we have seen from him thus far. Also, you know it must be eating at him to see Wright, Bosh, Williams, and Horton all playing very well early on. I think everything basketball has come very easy for Bryan in the past, we shall see how he handles this.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Return to Basketball