PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Whoever it was that said we wouldn't miss Mudiay...

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Whoever it was that said we wouldn't miss Mudiay...

Postby footballdad » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:56 am

Mudiay was never a Mustang and never will be. Whining about him is like whining about June Jones. He's long, long gone..... move on.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:01 am

Rebel10 wrote:Hoopmanx, I respectfully disagree with you. With Mudiay and MK SMU's wins this game. If Nic did not want to be moved off the ball then he is not being a team player. Glad when we get MK back.

We should have won regardless, that's not the point. The point is that we can't defend or generate real looks in our offensive sets. The talent on the actual court last night wasn't the isue, it was breakdowns and execution.

Your talking about being team player presumes you know anything about how the minds of these competitors work. Why do you think the transfer rate is so high?
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby fifty » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:04 am

Team players are rare these days. Every man for himself era is here.
fifty
Heisman

Postby Harry0569 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:14 am

hoopmanx wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Hoopmanx, I respectfully disagree with you. With Mudiay and MK SMU's wins this game. If Nic did not want to be moved off the ball then he is not being a team player. Glad when we get MK back.

We should have won regardless, that's not the point. The point is that we can't defend or generate real looks in our offensive sets. The talent on the actual court last night wasn't the isue, it was breakdowns and execution.

Your talking about being team player presumes you know anything about how the minds of these competitors work. Why do you think the transfer rate is so high?

DING DING DING DING DING. Our offensive sets are awful. We have no one that can break down the defense off the bounce or a lights out shooter that can bend the defense.

Our rotations on d have been awful. No one is on a string and we are wildly running around. It's truly concerning.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Big12Mustang » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:20 am

blackoutpony wrote:
CenTXpony wrote:
Big12Mustang wrote:Giving you a little bit of your own medicine, ECM. What I posted earlier...that's you...in every post.

Shut up

Where our beer money [deleted]?

[deleted] you, and you will never see it. I should have known better than to go on a "bet" with you [deleted]. And we will end up hiring Chad Morris anyways so I was right and you are an [deleted].
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:31 pm

It should read somewhere in the terms of use that if you are a bet welcher, you and your alias's should be banned.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Whoever it was that said we wouldn't miss Mudiay...

Postby Treadway21 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:04 am

Big12Mustang wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:
CenTXpony wrote:[quote="Big12Mustang"]Giving you a little bit of your own medicine, ECM. What I posted earlier...that's you...in every post.

Shut up

Where our beer money [deleted]?

[deleted] you, and you will never see it. I should have known better than to go on a "bet" with you [deleted]. And we will end up hiring Chad Morris anyways so I was right and you are an [deleted].[/quote]

No you are a welsher. Everybody now knows better than to make a bet with you - you won't pay up.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby OhioBrownFan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:06 pm

hoopmanx wrote:

The ironic part is that the team shot 57% from the field and 36% from 3. I agree with the offense, have zero players that can truly create and the sets are breaking down. Their not efficient, they're not crisp, bad passes, moving screens....just all kinds of nightmares.

Defensively, MK is making a lot of difference right now. I know that you don't think it's the major issue but the team is getting crushed in and around the paint, too many rebounds that never should get away, rotations are lost.

At any rate, SMU should have definitely won. Should have been able to overpower IU with raw talent, that IU team is going to be very lucky to be .500 in B10 play. I'd be shocked if they're .500
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby jimhagle » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:34 pm

A deep tight zone would have stifled IUs little guards who are really all their offense pretty much. Why we sagged so much on defense is beyond me since IU had almost no down low game.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:56 pm

jimhagle wrote:A deep tight zone would have stifled IUs little guards who are really all their offense pretty much. Why we sagged so much on defense is beyond me since IU had almost no down low game.

In man, wings should be digging down especially if the guy you're guarding aren't clearly identified as shooters by the coaches. I don't have a problem with the sagging, the 3 ball didn't hurt SMU that much percentage-wise. They just took a lot of them. The things that really hurt were a foul on a three point attempt by Frazier that turned into a four point play. Moving screens, errant passes, careless ball handling leading to fast breaks, charges because the guys refuse to pull up for a 5 footer. There were a myriad of things that hurt SMU more than digging on a few balls.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby Zman89 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:00 pm

I.U. can beat the Spurs in the homer dome. ijs
Zman89
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Zman89 wrote:I.U. can beat the Spurs in the homer dome. ijs

Especially if the Spurs commit 19 turnovers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Nacho » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Larry did mention that we only shot 10 free throws and that he could not explain it. He seemed a little upset.

if the game has been called fairly you guys wouldn't be going through these mental gyrations to explain the obvious. we got hosed.
Nacho

Postby PonySnob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Nacho wrote:Larry did mention that we only shot 10 free throws and that he could not explain it. He seemed a little upset.

if the game has been called fairly you guys wouldn't be going through these mental gyrations to explain the obvious. we got hosed.

Also mentioned too many guys worried about their minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby GiddyUp » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:17 pm

jimhagle wrote:A deep tight zone would have stifled IUs little guards who are really all their offense pretty much. Why we sagged so much on defense is beyond me since IU had almost no down low game.
thank you, agree
GiddyUp

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball