PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

KSKY

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

KSKY

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:30 pm

Do we have a long term contract with them? I'm sure they are good people over there but we need a real station to carry our games. I was driving from FW to Dallas during the Oral Roberts game and the reception was going in and out the entire time.
The frogs went with ESPN and they now have all the resources, like a weekly coach's show at a remote location for fans to get the scoop. It would be nice if Dement had a similar show, maybe hosted by Josh Lwein, and we could get info about injuries and how well the guys are practicing leading up to games. Just a thought.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: KSKY

Postby PX » Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:08 pm

Dement did have a show like that for the first 2 years he was here. Hosted by Peggy Sues over in Snyder Plaza. The same 10 people showed up every week, and there werent a whole lot of call-in questions, and eventually the thing was dropped.
PX
Varsity

Re: KSKY

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:02 pm

That was during my LA days. If we had a major radio station (ESPN or 1310) promoting the remote people would show up. I believe TCU has their show at the Fox and Hound in downtown FW. With a little help it would be doable and I would sure enjoy it.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball