PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

IMPORTANT GAME AT WAKE FOREST

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

IMPORTANT GAME AT WAKE FOREST

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:56 am

I understand that the season is young and we should probably concentrate on improving in the WAC. BUT...To put our basketball on the map we need that big win..that big upset...it's time to get a little respect in this world. SMU doesn't get nearly enough. It may be a little late to ralley the troops but if they can't get up for this game then they aren't competitors. We need this win and we need it bad. I love SMU and I want to make Sportscenter on a regular basis again...I'm so sick of burnt orange I could throw up. I'm sick of listening to local radios in Dallas covering those stupid state schools. We are in Dallas and it's time for Dallas's major college to step up and make the news. I believe that these beat up mustangs will take care of the Demon Deacons on Sunday because of a feeling. It's time for the name SMU to mean something again in collegiate sports other than soccer. If you live near Winston-Salem and you are an SMU fan get your tail to that game and support your team. It's time for the resurrection of SMU sports. Let's start with basketball.

Re: IMPORTANT GAME AT WAKE FOREST

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:23 am

Nice pep rally Big D. I fully agree we need a big win but Dement hasn't delivered hardly EVER. TCU was the biggest win in a long time and that shouldn't even be considered big really...beating Tulsa this year would be big.

I wish I could say we have a chance, but we have zero chance to win this one. Wake is too strong and we are shooting horribly from the field. I wish I was wrong, but I'll hope for at least a good showing on National TV.

Wake 84 SMU 69
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: IMPORTANT GAME AT WAKE FOREST

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:20 pm

I kind of agree with you but knowing some of the players and their ambitions I have to go with us...I haven't followed SMU basketball long because I'm a freshman and last year was the first year I ever followed them. After looking at what Dement has done I agree with his critics. He's not as great as the other coaches coming out of Duke...I'm a psych major though and the truth about it all is if you believe things really can happen...but the team has to believe they can win; not just me. Thanx for the reply pony_.

Return to Basketball