PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

JUST WIN THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

JUST WIN THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT

Postby Zman89 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:52 am

Win the tournament and eliminate all scenarios.
Zman89
Varsity

Re: JUST WIN THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT

Postby GiddyUp » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Indeed
GiddyUp
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:02 pm

Will do!
smusic 00

Postby smusportspage » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 pm

OK!
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Zman89 wrote:Win the tournament and eliminate all scenarios.

We did it back in 1988!!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby ojaipony » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Riiiight.

Love these guys (and I DO think this team is solid top 40), but we we ain't winning any tournaments any time soon. Team just looks out of sync a bit and we are sorely lacking tough player leadership (and obviously we can't defend the 3 ball worth a damn).

Ultimately, the rotations and "forgetting" about Yanick after quick starts are really puzzling. We need to start Nic, Sterling, JMart (who needs to step his game a bit more), Ben, and Yanick. Then, when MK comes back, maybe he starts over Yanick depending (need Ben's offense since we need as many scoring threats as possible on the floor). Heavy doses of KF for his (potential) offense and Cannen. And that should be about it. BenE has shown me nothing, and I have no comment on Ryan (they both should get about 3-4 minutes max/game IMHO depending).

Pound the ball down low with an occasional 3 over and over and over again and learn how to defend the damn 3 ball and we might become a tourney contender. Do it not, and we'll be lucky to make the damn NIT.

Now go ahead and call me a debbie downer. I have been consistently objective and still waiting to be proven otherwise.
ojaipony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Sounds like a good plan!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Done deal next week.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:16 pm

ojaipony wrote:Riiiight.

Love these guys (and I DO think this team is solid top 40), but we we ain't winning any tournaments any time soon. Team just looks out of sync a bit and we are sorely lacking tough player leadership (and obviously we can't defend the 3 ball worth a damn).

Ultimately, the rotations and "forgetting" about Yanick after quick starts are really puzzling. We need to start Nic, Sterling, JMart (who needs to step his game a bit more), Ben, and Yanick. Then, when MK comes back, maybe he starts over Yanick depending (need Ben's offense since we need as many scoring threats as possible on the floor). Heavy doses of KF for his (potential) offense and Cannen. And that should be about it. BenE has shown me nothing, and I have no comment on Ryan (they both should get about 3-4 minutes max/game IMHO depending).

Pound the ball down low with an occasional 3 over and over and over again and learn how to defend the damn 3 ball and we might become a tourney contender. Do it not, and we'll be lucky to make the damn NIT.

Now go ahead and call me a debbie downer. I have been consistently objective and still waiting to be proven otherwise.

Well good thing the tourney isn't anytime soon then.
smusic 00

Return to Basketball