PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good job by Keith Frazier

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Good job by Keith Frazier

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 am

Treadway21 wrote:In the first half, he had 3 of our 6 assists. He was into it tonight.

There were definitely a couple of times he notably gave up a pretty good shot to get it to somebody with a better shot. He really is playing well lately.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:10 pm

See my comment on the Morey thread. The tear down and rebuild is progressing well.
ponyboy

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:52 pm

ponyboy wrote:See my comment on the Morey thread. The tear down and rebuild is progressing well.

It's pretty remarkable. I'm not exactly sure when it all came together but LB has completely remade his game. The tentativeness is gone, he's confident and he's been our best all around player so far this season. The proof is at timeouts LB isn't looking for KF anymore, he's looking for other guys to yell at.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby PonyFan32 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Other than the rebounding, I thought the most impressive thing I saw from Keith all night was the little floater in the lane after the dribble drive. He did not have that in his arsenal at all last year.

Also, the time he came over as a help defender near the corner and knocked the ball out of the other guy's hand when he wasn't looking.

And the thing that put me most in awe was the almost-3 he pulled on the fast break when he just pulled up lightning quick and nailed the long 2. Given the hot streak he was on, and the fact that there were only a couple of defenders in front of him, it was like something out of old school NBA Jam. In fact, it would be awesome if we got those sound bytes from the video game and used them whenever he hits a 2nd or 3rd shot in a row.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Keith's all-around game is much improved; I just hope he continues to improve to the point he can eventually make a living playing ball. I want him to look back at his years at SMU playing for Coach Brown and be thankful he made the decision he did.
Charleston Pony

Postby Junior » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:47 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:Other than the rebounding, I thought the most impressive thing I saw from Keith all night was the little floater in the lane after the dribble drive. He did not have that in his arsenal at all last year.

Also, the time he came over as a help defender near the corner and knocked the ball out of the other guy's hand when he wasn't looking.

And the thing that put me most in awe was the almost-3 he pulled on the fast break when he just pulled up lightning quick and nailed the long 2. Given the hot streak he was on, and the fact that there were only a couple of defenders in front of him, it was like something out of old school NBA Jam. In fact, it would be awesome if we got those sound bytes from the video game and used them whenever he hits a 2nd or 3rd shot in a row.

He barely had dribble in his inventory last year. He's handle on the ball seems to have made leaps and bounds over the summer. Keith seems like he is twice the player he was last year.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Previous

Return to Basketball