PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Applachain St

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Applachain St

Postby Nacho » Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:05 pm

ASU has 4 juco players. I guess that means we will lose. Game time is 6 CST. Will the radio broadcast start then or will it be delayed?
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Applachain St

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:28 pm

According to Stallion, we will definitely lose this one because we have no Juco's.
BUT if we play like we did against Wake, uh oh.

KSKY 660 at 6pm
Pony_Fan

Postby GrapevineMustang » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:12 pm

Do you have to be right under the tower to pick up KSKY? It sure doesn't reach Grapevine, or anywhere near it.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:03 pm

Hey, Grapevine - I have that same problem here in Bedford. Can't get KSKY on the radio. But, I pick up the games just fine on KSKY's internet site. Give it a try.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:41 am

Lord, we suck....
I was hoping for a good season after we beat that nasty purple school but oh well...we suck

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:03 am

easy to get down after a couple of blow out losses on the road. App St is not the "sorry" team some would like to think they are, and they are definitely tough at home. I tried to warn everybody. BTW, Gardner-Webb is a competitive group as well. Obviously, we are not looking like a very good "road" team. On the plus side, we do own home wins against both TCU & UNT. Let's hope the guys can bounce back against Baylor and that we have a decent crowd turn out to support them.
Charleston Pony

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:37 am

Charleston Pony,
You have to admit, even with your "realism" attitude, you didn't expect us to get spanked like that at App State and look like a complete joke on national TV at Wake (even though loss was inevitable)
Pony_Fan

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:36 pm

coming out of exams and with the poor health of our team (BHop in particular, but others nursing ankles, etc...), I fully expected to get whipped by Wake. I was hopeful that we would be competitive for more than 10 minutes. I also hoped we might pull out a win at App St, but after those guys beat UNCC earlier this year, I wasn't holding out too much hope. I certainly EXPECTED we would compete, though, and didn't expect to lose by double digits, much less 22 pts.

I am realistic about the strength of this team. I haven't seen BHop play, but was hopeful we finally had a point who would make everyone else better. Q was a scoring machine early with BHop setting him up for good looks and that may be the only way most of our current players are going to shoot a decent percentage. The simple fact is that our guys aren't quick enough, or skilled enough off the dribble, to create their own shots.

Right now, we aren't as good as we were last year and we are playing a tougher schedule. That should tell you what my expectations are for this team. I said before the season started it would all come down to how much guys like Simpson, Castro & Isham improved from last year's experience and whether these guys can play better as a TEAM than we have in the past and improve as the season goes on. That remains to be seen.
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball