PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Time for a new coach.

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Time for a new coach.

Postby Johnny Rock » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:43 am

I am sure all of us agree now that it is time for Copeland to make a coaching change. Dement's teams are poorly coached and play undisciplined basketball. I have been saying this for several seasons now. SMU's program was on the verge of the NCAA for many seasons when Sasser was here, but the program has fallen hard. Dement has unable to consistently recruit the talent we need to compete. Hopkins is the exception. With that being said, I may attend one game this season only because I will have nothing else to do this year. SMU has too much money and too much prestige as a university to put a poorly coached product on the floor. I have spoken to many alums that have lost interest in the program. Control the damage Copeland. Let Dement go now and let an assistant take over for the remainer of the season and start your coaching search. Here is a name...Nolan Richardson. By the way, I did not even know Appalacian St. was a college. It sounds more like a snow ski resort...that is how bad we have fallen. Do your job Copeland and act now!!
Johnny Rock

Re: Time for a new coach.

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:50 am

Before we just get rid of Dement, we need a healthy alternative. I don't know how many good coaches would want to coach at a school that doesn't allow admittance standards as everyone else, has a terrible attendance problem, and is in the WAC. We need a good replacement before we say get rid of Dement. I am not a fan but we have to evaluate before he is fired. No, he is not getting it done and I really didnt expect us to suck this bad. The Committment was just FLUFF and if they really were serious they would weaken their policies more than they did. Granted, we have had a good OOC schedule but we shouldnt get BLOWN out every road game. Thank Jimmy Tubbs for Hopkins.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby k pony » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:59 am

Three simple words: Dement Must Go
k pony
Recruit

Postby PonyTales » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:17 pm

22 points? To Appalachian State? Are you freaking kidding me?
PonyTales
Heisman

Return to Basketball