PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

more student seating?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

more student seating?

Postby tmustangp » Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:40 pm

for a few conference games i say we take away some of the alumni(that dont' show up) and see if we can wrap the students around the court... i know smu makes a lot of money by selling those tickets but we need to make an effort to get more students into the game... by the way i am a student myself that does not miss a game
tmustangp
All-American

Re: more student seating?

Postby Horseradish » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:14 pm

Interesting thought, but how are you going to "take away" seats from people that have already paid for them? All of those lower level seats are season tickets, and they're all sold.

Even for our "big" games there arent enough students there to wrap completely around the court. Just making the seats available isnt enough, they have to want to come to the game. If you're sitting in the student section tomorrow night you're going to be a pretty lonely dude.
Horseradish
Recruit

Re: more student seating?

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:04 pm

I really don't understand what has happened to the student body at SMU. You're right about those courtside seats being a non-issue until the student demand for those seats returns. When I was at SMU ('70-'74) we had competitive but not great teams (one co-championship in those 4 yrs) and we packed the courtside seats nearly every game (both sides). I'd love to see Moody eventually remodeled and would like to see luxury suites added around the top of Moody and perhaps "club" seating like they have at Ford. I don't care if we reduce capacity by another 1,000 seats in the process. We haven't shown we can draw 9,000 to Moody, anyways. I agree the atmosphere would be much improved if we could return an enthusiastic and supportive throng of students to the courtside seats and put the big donors in more comfortable surroundings up higher.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball