PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Keep on improving!!!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Keep on improving!!!

Postby Ringer » Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:39 pm

If Isham and Castro continue to show the improvement they have so far I like the prospects for this team by the end of this season and certainly next year. Bhop is just now really beginning to show signs of what he is capable of doing. I don't even think he is 85% back to being at full throttle. I have said this before, if Castro developes that three point shot....man o' man! He is tall enough to have a good look at the three pointer. He has made I think 2 of 6 three pointers so far this season. With a little diligence on his part to cultivate that shot (practice, practice, practice) together with his ability to score down under could really add another deminsion to SMU basketball.

Also, the team is beginning to get more players in double digits which means everyone is contributing and not just depending on one player. Castro was correct when he said that Isham's block should have made ESPN plays of the game. That guy was skying like crazy. I also liked the high-fiving with the fans at courtside. Not all plays render such behavior but that one did for sure. The emotion was great to see. Come on fellas, keep up the hard work and keep on improving. Hard work brings improvement and improvement brings rewards. The season is young and the WAC Title is yours for the taking! BEAT LA TECH!!!
Ringer
Recruit

Re: Keep on improving!!!

Postby No Cal Pony » Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:08 pm

I agree! With some consistant, determined play SMU can take the WAC. It will be a crazy year where anyone can seem to beat the other. I am only disappointed that I will miss the games out here as I have to be in Alabama on business for the next four months.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Re: Keep on improving!!!

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:01 pm

Potential, indeed. Think about the prospects for SMU's 2004-5 team. The current group of sophs (Castro, Isham, Simpson & Voc) will have been playing together 3 years, Bhop will be in his 3rd year running the team. The "Rack" will have had 2 years to develop and Dement will have had an opportunity to supplement that group with some even stronger players who could make an impact as Frosh or Sophs. I'm a patient guy, but I will be extremely disappointed if this current group of Sophs doesn't reach the NCAA tourney before they leave SMU.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball