PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MM Board Gone?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

MM Board Gone?

Postby OldPony » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:27 pm

It appears that MustangManiacs board has died. No activity for about 10 days at least. Oh well, it was a fun format until it got changed. I'll miss some of the lively discussions.
OldPony
Heisman

Re: MM Board Gone?

Postby Nacho » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:38 pm

It's really strange that they didn't even post a farewell message. MM was a great board. Maybe it come back one day. I hope so.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:38 pm

Actually it is back up, but still slow as molasses. Given the new format over there, this site is better. I did like the old format as a change of pace occasionally.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby HorsePower » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:51 pm

I don't want to start a brush fire here, but this board always was better. Not just since the other one changed format.
With that said, I wish the other one success. The more boards that are out there, the more people are talking SMU sports. And that's the goal of all of them, right?
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby PK » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:58 pm

No brushfire Horsepower, all I meant is that the new format at MM.com is basically the same now as this site....and this site is much better with this format. The old format they had was fun at times, but not necessarily what one could call as being better...just different.

I have enjoyed Stallion sharing his recruiting insites over here lately so I didn't have to wait eons for his threads to come up over on the other sooo slooow site.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:05 pm

There aren't enough of us to support two boards. I like the idea of having everyone on one site. There's a lot more activity now, and a healthy exchange of fact and opinion rather than a bunch of rah rah. I agree it's good to have guys like Stallion and Recruiting Guru and others who really follow this stuff...especially this time of year.
Charleston Pony

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:21 pm

I agree. There are a lot of people partial to either MM or PonyFans, and one board means more discussion. Hopefully everyone will migrate over here Image
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball