PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Changes to reseat plan

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Changes to reseat plan

Postby mrydel » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Junior wrote:
mrydel wrote:There was no plan in the first place. This is the first announced plan to be given out to the public. If everyone would have listened when they said they were getting feedback and nothing had been determined then all the previous bickering would have been avoided. This plan is more than fair and personally I am back in the game by not having to double my donation. YAY!!

But then I wouldn't have anything to complain about...

You can complain that I signed up for the free suite and if I win I probably will not be able to make it and I will just leave it empty with a bunch of food and drink piled up.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:26 pm

mrydel wrote:There was no plan in the first place. This is the first announced plan to be given out to the public. If everyone would have listened when they said they were getting feedback and nothing had been determined then all the previous bickering would have been avoided. This plan is more than fair and personally I am back in the game by not having to double my donation. YAY!!

I agree with you and I was definitely posting that people should relax rather than getting upset without knowing the information. However, the point can definitely be made that griping on here was a good way of providing feedback to the athletic department so it probably served a purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby stl.pony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Grant Carter wrote:

I agree with you and I was definitely posting that people should relax rather than getting upset without knowing the information. However, the point can definitely be made that griping on here was a good way of providing feedback to the athletic department so it probably served a purpose.

They were pretty adamant at the meeting that their original plan was THE PLAN. Pretty major backtrack on their part. There was a lot of unexpected discord over the MC donations not applying to both football and basketball ... Once they became aware that many people were simply planning to cancel their football tickets, the plan changed.
stl.pony
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:32 pm

stl.pony wrote:They were pretty adamant at the meeting that their original plan was THE PLAN. Pretty major backtrack on their part. There was a lot of unexpected discord over the MC donations not applying to both football and basketball ... Once they became aware that many people were simply planning to cancel their football tickets, the plan changed.

Exactly.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mrydel » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:33 pm

But a plan was never announced. Still has not been officially.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Very good move SMU. We need to keep this moving forward...
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony81 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Good move SMU. I'm happy.
This maximizes revenue, keeps season ticket holders happy and doesn't provode an incentive to drop footbal tickets.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Pony81 wrote:Good move SMU. I'm happy.
This maximizes revenue, keeps season ticket holders happy and doesn't provode an incentive to drop footbal tickets.

Especially the part about dropping football tickets. I love my football tickets but I was strongly considering dropping them.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Grant Carter wrote:

They read Ponyfans so I think it's worth the discussion. They did have a handout for that meeting w/ pricing.

This looks good and fair. You expect Ponyfans to be reasonable and not jump to conclusions? :lol:
GiddyUp

Postby skyscraper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:12 pm

1. Thank you AD
2. You are kidding yourself if you think the rancor on here and feedback directly given to the department didn't trigger these changes. People were legit pissed off. Kudos to the people in charge for LISTENING and being willing to modify plans. That's not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being a smart business.
skyscraper

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Ponysnob can be like a Honey badger when he has to.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby mustang1992 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:15 am

Being able to keep my seats makes me happy. I will definitely renew fball and bball season tickets AND will go ahead and increase my donation to the MC.
mustang1992
All-American

Postby Junior » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:46 am

mrydel wrote:
Junior wrote:

But then I wouldn't have anything to complain about...

You can complain that I signed up for the free suite and if I win I probably will not be able to make it and I will just leave it empty with a bunch of food and drink piled up.

if that is the case, given our deep history of friendship, i would take the suite from you and fill it up in order for you to save face with the crowds.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby untitled » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 am

This compromise is more than fair. Thank you for listening, SMU.
untitled
Varsity

Postby Clown College » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Dude, I appreciate your desire to defend the athletic department come hell or high water. But the statement ITSELF states that they are making changes to the PLAN and these are outlined below. This would imply a plan existed (It did) and that considerable anger about it contributed to altering it. (It did)

Spare us the revisionist history, sir.
Clown College
Scout Team

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball