PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Markus Kennedy

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Markus Kennedy

Postby PonyPride » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Not returning tonight — he didn't go through early warm-ups with the Mustangs, and just saw him walk on the floor in street clothes.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Markus Kennedy

Postby fifty » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:00 pm

As long as it's street clothes and not a Guangdong or And1 jersey, I'm still ok with it for this game.
Michigan or bust.
fifty
Heisman

Postby smu2004 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Not having his paper graded yet is inexcusable. It's a really bad look for us...but I guess how can we be surprised.
smu2004
Varsity

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:54 pm

He was talking with President Bush before the game... presumably about a pardon.
Bergermeister

Postby shadowman » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:59 pm

I think the season depends on him coming back....maybe not even how he will play on the floor, this team just needs a shot in the arm with some good news for once.

I think the mental impact of him regaining eligibility is more important than how he performs.

Him coming back would be just the spike of good news we need going into conference play.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby JoeKidd » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:18 am

Gotta love the arrogance of SMU's faculty...I can just imagine his Profs' delight in grading his papers as slowly as possible. The grades have to be done before Michigan game I would imagine and so if he doesn't travel/suit-up for that one I think there will be a chance he doesn't make it back this year.

I blame this squarely on RGT by the way for not pushing the faculty.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:21 am

JoeKidd wrote:Gotta love the arrogance of SMU's faculty...I can just imagine his Profs' delight in grading his papers as slowly as possible. The grades have to be done before Michigan game I would imagine and so if he doesn't travel/suit-up for that one I think there will be a chance he doesn't make it back this year.

Don't worry about it. All RGT has to do is invite the former President and First Lady to the game, have the PA announce them as his guests and he gets a standing o. The little MK thing is all forgotten. RGT is no dummy.

As for the prof, just ridiculous. Teach that lesson, sir! BTW, if you want to run LB off, this is THE way.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby mrydel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:53 am

The most important thing I learned at SMU was who the right profs were for athletes. Good chance that Markus did not have that list when he came in. I had some difficult ones until I was settled in for a couple of semesters. He just may have one of those that not only will not show favor for an athlete but actually has animosity towards them. If tenured, not much can be done to get around that other than in hindsight, good guidance from the beginning.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby fifty » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:17 am

It better happen fookin soon. They're probably on a plane early Friday
fifty
Heisman

Postby JoeKidd » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 am

LA_Mustang wrote:
JoeKidd wrote:Gotta love the arrogance of SMU's faculty...I can just imagine his Profs' delight in grading his papers as slowly as possible. The grades have to be done before Michigan game I would imagine and so if he doesn't travel/suit-up for that one I think there will be a chance he doesn't make it back this year.

Don't worry about it. All RGT has to do is invite the former President and First Lady to the game, have the PA announce them as his guests and he gets a standing o. The little MK thing is all forgotten. RGT is no dummy.

As for the prof, just ridiculous. Teach that lesson, sir! BTW, if you want to run LB off, this is THE way.

Agreed on all points, which = running LB off
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby JoeKidd » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:53 am

mrydel wrote:The most important thing I learned at SMU was who the right profs were for athletes. Good chance that Markus did not have that list when he came in. I had some difficult ones until I was settled in for a couple of semesters. He just may have one of those that not only will not show favor for an athlete but actually has animosity towards them. If tenured, not much can be done to get around that other than in hindsight, good guidance from the beginning.

That is the problem, no one is asking for favoritism, just understanding that athletes have other commitments that normal students don't. I saw this animosity from many Profs., although many Profs. were understanding and fair. Gotta find the right ones.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby INFan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 am

What are the odds of him playing against Mich? Without him, this team doesn't even make the NIT. :(
INFan

Postby couch 'em » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 am

Did we figure out WHICH professor is the hold up?
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby Digetydog » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:39 am

Do you seriously believe that he has a "1 class" problem? Before they make any decisions, they are going to need all his grades.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:45 am

JoeKidd wrote:
mrydel wrote:The most important thing I learned at SMU was who the right profs were for athletes. Good chance that Markus did not have that list when he came in. I had some difficult ones until I was settled in for a couple of semesters. He just may have one of those that not only will not show favor for an athlete but actually has animosity towards them. If tenured, not much can be done to get around that other than in hindsight, good guidance from the beginning.

That is the problem, no one is asking for favoritism, just understanding that athletes have other commitments that normal students don't. I saw this animosity from many Profs., although many Profs. were understanding and fair. Gotta find the right ones.

Compared to UT (which I also attended), SMU was very easy to deal with.
- They let me graduate despite the fact that I didn't technically comply with the distribution requirement (My adviser signed me up for a English class that didn't count towards the literature requirement). At UT, I would have needed Summer school.
- When I had discussions with professors about grades, I was always treated fairly.

I find it hard to believe that they are punishing him.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Basketball