PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

PonyFans.com VIDEO: Brown, Frazier, Martin after beating UIC

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

PonyFans.com VIDEO: Brown, Frazier, Martin after beating UIC

Postby PonyPride » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 pm

SMU men's basketball head coach Larry Brown and guards Keith Frazier and Justin Martin met the media Wednesday after the Mustangs pulled away from Illinois-Chicago, 67-46, at Moody Coliseum.

To watch these videos, please check the link on our home page: http://www.PonyFans.com

Enjoy!

Webmasters
PonyFans.com

Reminder: Due to a change in PonyFans.com's relationship with our ad serving company, please access all PonyFans.com stories and videos via the home page, rather than copying the direct link to the message boards. Doing so allows the ads to benefit the site more, thereby allowing us to continue to operate this site at no charge to our readers.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: PonyFans.com VIDEO: Brown, Frazier, Martin after beating

Postby ojaipony » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 am

Thanks for posting these, PP.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and it's just my bias showing through, but I feel LB is absolutely disgusted with SMU and how it's dealing with Markus and the quality of academic support in general (yes, at the end he says something about the support but he says that Markus is TAKING ADVANTAGE of the support he's being given, nothing about the quality of the support and sufficiency of such support). Every time he's asked, he hesitates, and I think he really has a big issue with it all. SMU better get its [deleted] together or we're going to lose him prematurely - you give a hall of fame legend every effing thing he wants. Period. No questions asked (as long as it's "legal" of course).

A good question would be "do you think SMU gives its student-athletes sufficient support that validates the admin's claims that they are committed to championship level athletics here?" (he probably wouldn't answer it -- which, in itself, would tell you the answer). :-)
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RyanSMU98 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:20 pm

I picked up on that too, ojai, and I'm still trying to figure out where the truth lies (though we'll likely never know for sure). The question is my mind is did MK do the work and use the support to its fullest or not? I've heard conflicting reports on this. If he didn't do the work, no amount of academic support is going to help (we are NOT going to be UNC and offer fake classes). If he did do everything expected of him and came up short, then that begs the question of why; what support structure(s) need to be in place to keep these kids eligible and what are the roadblocks? I'd like to discount the vicious faculty conspiracy theory that floats around from time to time, but then again I haven't been in school for quite a while now so I don't know to what degree some of that exists. Whatever the case, the school as a whole needs to figure it out ASAP or we'll lose any positive momentum and be in a world of hurt. I've said it before: the job of a university is to ensure that its students achieve the goals they set for themselves when seeking a college education; that applies as much to an elite athlete as it does to a Rhodes Scholar. Figuring out where we come up short is a conversation that has to happen.
"I don't think anyone around the country has any idea how good we are going to be." - Coach Justin Stepp

GO MUSTANGS!!!!
RyanSMU98
Heisman

Postby ebrooks11 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:12 pm

If he passed he it should have been posted yesterday an hour after the test . That's what programs do that are committed to Athletics.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Return to Basketball