PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Beat Michigan!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Beat Michigan!

Postby ojaipony » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:23 am

So Michigan is not that great this year. But, they have a "brand" and the team can either get intimidated with all that neon yellow or come out firing and take it to them!

We have to play super high energy and play great perimeter D. Got to get this win!!! Don't let the brand name fool you. Pony Up! #tempo. #lockarms.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Beat Michigan!

Postby PonySnob » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:58 pm

#freemk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:59 pm

PonySnob wrote:#freemk

#freemk
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Studying up on Michigan it seems their strength and go to is the perimeter shot (the reason they've lost is because their shots have not been falling). I'm not too concerned about their bigs. Once again, it will be our perimeter D and offensive efficiency that wins the day (or not) . . .
ojaipony

Postby Nacho » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.s ... ilein.html

smu sort of like an eastern michigan.
i guess that's a compliment in a sort of back-handed way.
Nacho

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm on board with this. Us Buckeyes enjoy when anybody beats TSUN. :lol:

If anybody has questions on scUM, I can tell you about their team. Caris Lavert and Zak Irvin are a load...the freshmen are starting to come on but they're still a very young team.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Nacho wrote:http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/12/about_to_face_smu_john_beilein.html

smu sort of like an eastern michigan.
i guess that's a compliment in a sort of back-handed way.

Not a compliment. Their writers are a bunch of arrogant [deleted]. Not that OSU writers aren't but theirs think they walk on water. They think scUM football is still relevant and that they'll stand up with a top 5 recruiting class this year. If MK is back, SMU is better than TSUN.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:39 pm

To be fair, Beilein said SMU is like EMU "with more talent"

John Beilein is one of the classiest coaches in college basketball. I've always liked him
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:To be fair, Beilein said SMU is like EMU "with more talent"

John Beilein is one of the classiest coaches in college basketball. I've always liked him

My B, I didn't see it was a Beilein quote. In that case, I respect it. I like Beilein a lot, hell of a coach. Absolutely one of the best in the country. I think he's my favorite in-game coach in the country (X's and O's). His adjustments are on point and he has a strong staff surrounding him. A buddy of mine worked on his staff for the last 3 years and can't say enough good things about the guy.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby Prideful Pony » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:14 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:To be fair, Beilein said SMU is like EMU "with more talent"

My B, I didn't see it was a Beilein quote. In that case, I respect it. I like Beilein a lot, hell of a coach. Absolutely one of the best in the country. I think he's my favorite in-game coach in the country (X's and O's). His adjustments are on point and he has a strong staff surrounding him. A buddy of mine worked on his staff for the last 3 years and can't say enough good things about the guy.

You're doing rivalry hate wrong. Try it again, but this time with more enmity and maybe say something terrible about his mother.
Prideful Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby OhioBrownFan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Prideful Pony wrote:
OhioBrownFan wrote:

You're doing rivalry hate wrong. Try it again, but this time with more enmity and maybe say something terrible about his mother.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do hate those guys. Please don't get that confused. I'm not sure what SMU's hate for UT is these days but I imagine it's similar.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby PonyFan32 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:14 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do hate those guys. Please don't get that confused. I'm not sure what SMU's hate for UT is these days but I imagine it's similar.

Pretty similar. Though you then add public/private arrogance and a bit of the NCAA's disinterest in investigating UT at all and interest in giving us the death penalty for similar infractions.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Return to Basketball