PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

San Jose

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

San Jose

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:19 am

We won!!!!

I am suprised there are zero posts about this game??

Looks like Hopkins is deciding to light it up. 25pts tonight, 4-7 from tre land. As someone pointed out earlier, Isham, Hopkins, Simpson, Castro, Ross are the only ones playing and contributing worth a damn. All the rest should just stay on the bench. Voc has like 5 pts for the season, what a disappointment.

Still getting out-assisted (if that's a word) every single game. We did outrebound them - is this the first road game for this to happen? It's a win and I'll take any we can get even if it's the bottom dweller of the league...there was no excuse not to win this game.

[This message has been edited by Pony_Fan (edited 01-12-2003).]
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: San Jose

Postby Eddie P » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:50 am

I was just about to post something myself, Ponyfan, considering this is the rare night I find myself in AND on the pervernet.

And PF, that isn't a word, per se, but you were correct to add the hyphen. You're cool as long as you add that hyphen.

Random thought:

Okay, before the hoi poloi (Is that how you spell it?) start howling that B-hop is becoming "another Hancock" or "another Sasser" let's take a step back and look at this.

OKAY!!!!!! NBA first round pick! And Hancock was only our leading scorer last year, forced into a position (PG) he didn't fit into anway. I digress...

My opinion on the matter (I do care to opine) is that we still do declare the winners of basketball games by the greatest number of points scored by either one team or the other. Now, that being said, since we're not getting a helluvalot of scoring from anybody not named Q or Hopkins (Simpson recently) I think we should hold off on the guillotines and stonings for Hopkins. Goodness...the kid takes charge and wants to win...what is wrong with that?? And then he does something about it.

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:41 am

Who the hell is complaining about Hopkins? Without him, we'd be at the bottom of the WAC. We beat an overmatched San Jose St. team...yay. We need more production off the bench...nevermind we don't have a bench. Miller is USELESS. He isn't giving any effort or he just lost his talent. Voc is just not the same player and never will be. I'm not really sure if B-Hop or Dement is winning these games. The important thing is that this is a good road win...Fresno should be interesting... if we could get solid play out of all the starters.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby The CPC » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:16 am

Sorry, but Hawaii beat La. Tech. You probably saw the womens score. The mens game wasnt even over yet at the time you made this post.
CPC is glad we won, but we barely squeaked by a seriously pathetic team. Thats why no one is celebrating.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:04 pm

I'm grateful for any road win in conferences play. Let's hope we can find a couple more of those, because there are 3-4 WAC teams who could very well sweep us this year, including the two that visit this week. HUGE game Thursday vs WAC leader, Fresno. Let's hope we get a decent turnout and that our crowd is rowdy and creates the home court advantage Moody needs to be. We're STILL unbeaten at Moody this year. Let's keep it that way!
Charleston Pony

Postby Stallion » Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:16 pm

...that's right ANY road win much less a conference win much less at the end of an unbelievable arduous road trip is great news not to be belittled especially we the excellent shooting we had. Much better SMU teams have faltered badly on that West Coast roadtrip.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:31 pm

It's a start. I think we all began the season with anticipation, since Q is finally Option #1 and with the arrival of Hopkins. But it's good to see the guys pick up a road win - especially a conference road win!
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Basketball