PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Moody Atmosphere > Criesler Centrr

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Moody Atmosphere > Criesler Centrr

Postby OhioBrownFan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Zman89 wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:Zman,
Great game Saturday. I'm sure that was cool seeing the game in person at the Crisler Center. The team played very well towards the end and showed a lot of character, Nic in particular.

Yes it was. We had fun with the students in our section. It's a very nice arena except they don't SELL BEER I told em the profits would sky rocket.

This is somewhat inside info but it's not sensitive imo, I'm actually working on a feasibility study of how much alcohol sales would impact not only Michigan's bottom line but the top schools in the country. The biggest problem with alcohol is it almost always needs to be outsourced in order to mitigate liability. The whole "sell beer at colleges" isn't as easy as one might think. For the companies that do it, like Delaware North and what not, they don't like to mess around with per-caps under $10 per patron. Very few schools even come close to this. The other problem is that schools expect these companies to also handle the "olympic" sports that obviously generate very little revenue and very little at the concessions. Just a little insight, but it's not as easy you'd think to just add beer.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball