PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU at #25 is a joke

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU at #25 is a joke

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:04 pm

West Coast Johnny wrote:At what point does jealousy cross the line to butt-hurt?

Where's the jealousy in this thread?
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:05 pm

ojaipony wrote:We beat Indy and Arky we'd be top 15. They will fall out next week and never sniff it again for years to come. The schools a joke.

Indiana deserves top 25 more than TCU does. Much tougher schedule
CalallenStang

Postby ReedFrawg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:23 pm

CalallenStang wrote:
ojaipony wrote:We beat Indy and Arky we'd be top 15. They will fall out next week and never sniff it again for years to come. The schools a joke.

Indiana deserves top 25 more than TCU does. Much tougher schedule

Hey we are enjoying basketball again like you all are enjoying football recruiting. Cut us some slack...
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:30 pm

I see no reason to play them moving forward as long as Brown is coach. We only have a few shots at marquee OOC Ws every year and to allocate one of those games to the Frogs is absurd. Does absolutely nothing if we win, bad loss if we lose.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU1523 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:32 pm

This goes to show that Top 25 rankings really don't matter. I would rather be ranked than not ranked and congrats to our rival over in Fort Worth, but remember we were Top 25 and still didn't make the tourney last season.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:33 pm

hoopmanx wrote:I see no reason to play them moving forward as long as Brown is coach. We only have a few shots at marquee OOC Ws every year and to allocate one of those games to the Frogs is absurd. Does absolutely nothing if we win, bad loss if we lose.

I think I have seen this argument on the football board. :)
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMU1523 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:33 pm

hoopmanx wrote:I see no reason to play them moving forward as long as Brown is coach. We only have a few shots at marquee OOC Ws every year and to allocate one of those games to the Frogs is absurd. Does absolutely nothing if we win, bad loss if we lose.

I imagine we could make room for them. I would like to have an Iron Skillet in both sports.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby Harry0569 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Trent Johnson has done a great job turning around the TCU program and instilling some confidence. The Frogs are 11-0, but have not beaten a team in the KenPom.com top 90, with 10 of their wins against teams outside the top 140.

Jay Bilas, AMEN
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby Digetydog » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:37 pm

I have to respectfully disagree.

1) Playing TCU is a traditional
2) Beating TCU is traditional :D
3) Drawing a nice crowd during the holidays is a nice plus.
4) For those of us with TCU friends, it is nice to be able to talk xxxx instead of take xxxx for our team.

More importantly, playing TCU reinforces the idea that SMU is "Dallas' Team" and that TCU is "Ft Worth's Team."
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Digetydog wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree.

1) Playing TCU is a traditional
3) Drawing a nice crowd during the holidays is a nice plus.
4) For those of us with TCU friends, it is nice to be able to talk xxxx instead of take xxxx for our team.

More importantly, playing TCU reinforces the idea that SMU is "Dallas' Team" and that TCU is "Ft Worth's Team."

None of that has anything to do w/making the tournament and thats all this program exists for right now. Schedule for impact, not tradition. If I were a TCU fball fan I'd be moaning we played SMU in a few years w/Morris. Does nothing for them
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ReedFrawg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Digetydog wrote:

Anyone know the all time record in hoops? I googled but can't find a source....
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:52 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:
Digetydog wrote:

Anyone know the all time record in hoops? I googled but can't find a source....

The always trusty SMU Basketball Factbook has the series 104-85 in favor of SMU. (p. 37)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/smu/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/073-132_Results.pdf
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby ReedFrawg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:53 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Anyone know the all time record in hoops? I googled but can't find a source....

The always trusty SMU Basketball Factbook has the series 104-85 in favor of SMU. (p. 37)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/smu/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/073-132_Results.pdf[/quote]

Well that can't be right...need an unbiased source...
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Then we need to eliminate TSU, Lamar, and Monmouth as well.
mustangxc

Postby ojaipony » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Stallion wrote:there are some parallels to SMU's team last year. Both teams played the prior year with 4-5 of the best players sitting in street clothes and had to play games tb high school gym. Doubt they match SMU's season last year but its basically a whole new team this year-if you think this is just the same cast of characters playing an easy schedule-that's not correct

They still suck though and their school is a joke.
ojaipony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball