PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bring on Fresno

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bring on Fresno

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:49 am

Well, the Bulldogs went down at Hawaii (that should be no surprise) and are now tied for the WAC lead with the 'bows. This game Thursday night is HUGE for SMU if the Mustangs are going to compete for anything in this year's WAC. Sure hope Dallas comes out to support the Ponies in this one. Be loud! Let those Bulldogs know should never come into Moody and expect to win!!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Bring on Fresno

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:52 pm

I hope at least everyone in this forum goes to the game tommorrow and brings a friend. We should at least be able to do that. Let me modify that to everyone in this forum that lives in the Metroplex. I don't expect people to come from different states but if you can get down here then do it. On that note, a turnaround really needs to start tommorrow if we want to have any chance at a winning season. A winning season is probably not even considered successful to most people , and I think I'd fall into that category. I'd like to get a few rounds into the WAC tourney and maybe get into the NIT. I think everyone would. It's starts tommorrow. As a Psych major I understand that believing is stronger than talent and ability. If we packed the house like Vandy does even though they suck we could be much better. The reason a big time coach like Knight comes into a losing program and makes them a powerhouse in a major conference is because as soon as he walked onto that campus everyone believed they could win. As early as next year our football program could be good because everyone believes that Bennett will help us win(not to take anything away from him...he is all he is cracked up to be in my opinion). So, basically, if you want your Mustangs to win get yourself dress up in red and blue and go to the game and bring your family/friends. Hostile environments translate to winning teams.

Postby parvodog » Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:52 am

This is a huge game for the Dogs also. They haven't really shown they can win on the road. Probably will be a close game, especially if the hometown crowd shows. Good luck.
parvodog

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:29 am

the boys in Vegas remain convinced (but barely) that SMU is still a good home team. We're favored by 1 tonite. I will gladly settle for a 1 pt win tonite. Beat them dogs!
Charleston Pony

Postby Nacho » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:39 am

I was surprised to see that we are favorites in this game. I would feel a lot more confident if Isham was at 100% but that seems to be our fate this year. We can't get everone healthy. What's the status on BHOP this week--50, 60, 70, 80, 90%? From what CPC was saying if we can play with them early we may have a chance to pull it out. Hope so.
Nacho

Return to Basketball