PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Crazy WhACk Night

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Crazy WhACk Night

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:43 am

TU loses to Boise?? 78-74 WTF
Hawaii is down to San Jose by 16pts
Rice kicked UTEP's @ss
FSU comes back on the road from 13 down and win by a bucket off of a steal against LaTech
Ponies nudge Pack who beat LT

This race might be up for grabs by anybody...Parity big time.
I am afraid that Rice might give the Ponies big fits on Wed.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Crazy WhACk Night

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:29 am

With 2 of 3 wins on the road, Fresno clearly becomes the team to beat. Hawaii shows they are a different team when they leave the Island. English held to 2-9 shooting in their loss to San Jose (played in front of an announced 1,536...there's one program in the WAC with worse fans than ours) In case you didn't already believe it, Boise State's win over Tulsa serves notice they will be very tough to beat at home. They are really stepping up and showing they were a nice addition to the WAC.

And finally...Rice. They just might be the most improved team in the WAC this year. As poorly as we've played on the road, it will be a tall order to go down to Houston and get a win. CP will actually get to watch this game at the local sports bar. I sure hope we're competitive in this one. I see Rice hit 10-26 treys against UTEP and had 4 guys in double figures. We're going to need everyone to come ready to play a 40 minute game.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball