PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Saturday's game at Tulsa

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Saturday's game at Tulsa

Postby TUfan » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:26 am

Will any of you be making the trip up?

Sure sucks that we aren't playing in Dallas on a Saturday. A lot of fans here are disappointed. However, I'll still be there. Image
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Re: Saturday's game at Tulsa

Postby boulevard bum » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:01 pm

No probably none of us will. Tulsa is not much to look at. It's wide...We haven't even played yet and you already seem to be gloating. What are you doing on this forum??? Do you see us talking in your forum??? NO! It's ponyfans.com. Go find goldendillweed.com and brag about your basketball team. We know you are good. I don't think we'll see you much during football season though.
boulevard bum
Junior Varsity

Postby Eddie P » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:20 pm

That was kinda uncalled for, dude. The Tulsa person didn't say anything offensive or come to flame. They just asked a simple question and you insulted the poor guy.

Tulsa Person-

My apologies for the rude treatment. I won't be making it up to Tulsa this saturday but will definitely be up for the WAC tourney in march. Made it last year but we didn't have a good showing. Hopefully we'll be playing you guys in the final.

Postby boulevard bum » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:40 am

Alright, I'll apologize just this once. My I jumped too quickly taking the Dallas thing offensively. I thought he was saying that we don't have a chance because we aren't playing in Dallas. Yea, I'm a little touchy about my Mustangs. Anyway, I apologize if he meant nothing by it but I won't be making it to the game because I was so insulted by the Tulsa fans that came to Moody last year and were rude. I wish we could fill Moody so I wouldn't have to listen to obnoxius fans such as the ones that were there last night. I do, however, believe that was an isolated incident and do not hold it against the school. I'm sure they are very nice people.

My apologies to TU fan,
Bum
boulevard bum
Junior Varsity

Postby boulevard bum » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by boulevard bum:
<B>Alright, I'll apologize just this once. "Maybe" I jumped too quickly taking the Dallas thing offensively. I thought he was saying that we don't have a chance because we aren't playing in Dallas. Yea, I'm a little touchy about my Mustangs. Anyway, I apologize if he meant nothing by it but I won't be making it to the game because I was so insulted by the Tulsa fans that came to Moody last year and were rude. I wish we could fill Moody so I wouldn't have to listen to obnoxius fans such as the ones that were there "that" night. I do, however, believe that was an isolated incident and do not hold it against the school. I'm sure they are very nice people.

My apologies to TU fan,
Bum

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

had some errors...I put the corrected words in quotations
boulevard bum
Junior Varsity

Postby TUfan » Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:48 pm

Wow. I didn't mean to cause any harm. As for the Dallas thing-- I was referring to later in the season, when Tulsa makes the trip for a Wednesday game. A lot of Tulsa fans like to make the trip to Dallas for the game and having it on a Wednesday makes that difficult.

Also, I was being honest when I asked if anyone was coming up to Tulsa. We general have a pre-game gathering and I was going to invite anyone who did come up to join us. I didn't realize that I would strike a nerve with such a statement.

BTW...this TUfan is a lady. Image Also, you are welcome to join us on our board and talk basketball, but I wouldn't flame. Tulsa fans are feeling a little down now ourselves.

<A HREF="http://www.tulsasportsweb.com/forums/index.php?s=" TARGET=_blank>http://www.tulsasportsweb.com/forums/index.php?s=</A>
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Eddie P » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:36 pm

Yeah, I am really upset about the Tulsa game being on a wednesday. You guys always bring so many fans to the game and I love it when Moody has more than 3,000 fans, especially enemy fans. Gives me somebody to bark at...

Postby TUfan » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eddie P:
<B>Yeah, I am really upset about the Tulsa game being on a wednesday. You guys always bring so many fans to the game and I love it when Moody has more than 3,000 fans, especially enemy fans. Gives me somebody to bark at...</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there will still be a few-- just not as many as normal. Personally, my friends and I are catching the SW flight Wednesday afternoon and then again Thursday morning as to minimize use of vacation time from work. We bought tickets from the SMU website, so we should be in the middle of SMU fans. You can bark at us, but if you are mean to my man, I will bark back. (he can't do it himself. he'll be on the court.)

[This message has been edited by TUfan (edited 01-22-2003).]
TUfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Eddie P » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:45 pm

I have a court pass, so I move from my seat and back throughout the game. I''ll be sure to equally distibute my barking between you and your guy. :>

Return to Basketball