PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Semi Joining Official

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Semi Joining Official

Postby JoeKidd » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:53 am

I didn't see any one mention the below article that was posted on the athletic website. This seems to be a huge addition for next season and should be getting as much pub as the Keith/Maligi problem. Semi by the way was an A student in HS so no problems there. I am pumped up about this addition.

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-bas ... 15aad.html
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Re: Semi Joining Official

Postby mustangxc » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:56 am

Even if he does nothing on the court for us, he will be a solid addition in terms of APR.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RI Stang » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:59 am

The pregame Semi intro yesterday was great, never seen that before.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Dukie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:54 am

RI Stang wrote:The pregame Semi intro yesterday was great, never seen that before.

What was it?
Dukie
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:08 am

Dukie wrote:
RI Stang wrote:The pregame Semi intro yesterday was great, never seen that before.

What was it?

Before they announced the SMU starters, they quickly introduced Semi, put him on the video board, and welcomed him as the newest member of the SMU basketball team.

I agree it was a bit strange and something I have never seen before, but it was kind of cool to introduce him to the crowd.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby The Falcon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:12 pm

How many of our recruits over the years have averaged 38 pts per game and held a
4.0 grade point average?

This is a fantastic player who is going to boost our team. He is remarkably athletic and can
shoot 3's with the best of them as well as drive and dunk. He is also a team player who will
help others.

I am really looking forward to seeing him play. His introduction at yesterday's game was
well done. He is now working out and practicing with the team. I think he will fit right in.
He also started classes last week.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:25 pm

Semi is a great get. Add that to the incoming class. If we can hold things together and maybe add a big or 2 then watch out
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Dukie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:57 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:

Before they announced the SMU starters, they quickly introduced Semi, put him on the video board, and welcomed him as the newest member of the SMU basketball team.

I agree it was a bit strange and something I have never seen before, but it was kind of cool to introduce him to the crowd.

That's cool. In addition to just being excited about landing that transfer, one reason may be that it's fairly unusual to add a transfer teammate in the middle of the season. For the first game of the fall, you can count on most fans to understand who's on the roster. Many who don't live on the interwebs might not have known he was here.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:45 am

I'm very excited about this addition. Also excited about Tolbert and the frosh we have coming in. Next year's team may look quite different (depending on some extent to whether MK stays), but I like what I'm hearing about the new guys. And it sounds like we are reducing our exposure to academic risks as well going forward. . .which is good.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby skurtn » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:08 pm

I was just looking around the net for Semi Ojeleye videos, to see what this guy is all about. And I stumbled upon this local Kansas news commentator talking about him possibly coming to Duke while in high school.

See if you can spot why I think this video is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLIX5keVX84
skurtn
All-American

Postby Tx_Mustang10 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:34 pm

skurtn wrote:See if you can spot why I think this video is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLIX5keVX84

That was freaking hilarious.
Tx_Mustang10
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyTime » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Guessing the fact that the anchor pronounces his name three different ways in the first 25 seconds of the segment...
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby skurtn » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:37 pm

PonyTime wrote:Guessing the fact that the anchor pronounces his name three different ways in the first 25 seconds of the segment...

Maybe...
skurtn
All-American

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:44 pm

He was a man as a senior in HS. WOW! Can't wait to see him join Sed, Shake and Jarrey next year.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby ponyte » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:40 pm

The guy looks and sounds alike a great addition beyond being a great BB player. Great get by Brown.
ponyte

Return to Basketball