PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Daily Campus can lick my bballs

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Daily Campus can lick my bballs

Postby Eddie P » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:02 am

Abe-

All I can say is that it was unable to be sustained after a certain period of time. It was never a large group of people. But I think it did good things while it existed. One year it was responsible for getting EVERY graduating athlete a nice plaque with their name on it. I think the athletes appreciated that. The last true pep-rally was organized by Manada, after which we beat TCU. Was that the last time we beat TCU? Manada did a lot of other little things that will never see the light of day, but that many an athlete appreciated in small ways, as did the athletic department. And of course, you would not have a Mustang Maniac section if there were not Manada Wranglers, since they are the ones who created it.

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:38 pm

The marketing dept. gets a lot of flak, but they are doing a tremendous job considering the circumstances. Dallas is a huge city and a very professional sports-oriented one at that. SMU game or a Mavs/Stars game? Drink at a sports bar and watch your favorite team or go to an SMU game we may or may not win? For students, there are just other things to do...their priority on a Friday or Saturday night is to go to a frat party or go to the Rose. I went to every game imaginable, but that's because I have a passion for sports and I found the time to support our teams. Most kids at SMU...they simply don't care when there are other things to do that better suit their interests.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby BTPony » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:09 pm

Dallas is a showy/trendy city and student's are more drawn to that than SMU Basketball. Increase the production value of the games and more students would come.
I believe our marketing group has good intentions but our "product" doesn't reflect the style of this city. My recommendation to include marketing majors was meant to 1) increase student involvement and 2)provide a fresh perspective. After all, the current marketing efforts aren't very effective.
BTPony
Recruit

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:40 pm

It's an unbelievably trendy city. I want to kill myself when I'm in Dallas. Wait...yeah that's the truth. I love SMU...just not the kids..or the city. I'm conflicted.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball