PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What happen to the student support

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: What happen to the student support

Postby ojaipony » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 pm

DiamondM wrote:

Ramon (the lobster) is great, but he is generally not leading chants (this year). First of all, he is a social butterfly flitting between sections, often socializing. He does not stand center court, and often is not even in the mob for portions of the game. Plus, when he is in the mob section, he is often focused on independently razzing the opponent coach/bench. This is not a criticism, just a fact that his role (at least this year) is not the guy leading chants that everyone can join in on, as his raison d'etre often seems to be something else.

Crustacean Boy has been reined in. :( Was great while it lasted.

Hell, I'll lead the chants but would require payment. :-) I get hoarse quickly though. I know enough about bball to know when we need to ramp it up and when to relax. When to get on the refs/other players and when to chill. When we need to get REALLY rowdy right up to the point of being kicked out. The key moments are when our team gets down and needs to be picked up or when we score big on offense and get back on defense, we need an immediate LOUD defense chant. (sometimes kids relax a tiny bit on defense after a big offensive play and it screws up the momentum - LB teams are less likely to do that but still sometimes the encouragement is all they need). Also to watch LB and make sure we're as much in alignment with what he wants as possible. Also, to help get certain players (like Guuuuuu) going. Need someone with TONS of enthusiasm that the crowd likes, but also knows the game a little bit and is attentive to the ebbs and flows of a game.

THAT's what we need!
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby dalpony11 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Need to quit playing "All About that Bass." That's one of the huge mood-killers. And maybe some t-shirt guns to get the top sections more involved? Hope the Athletics staff can get a focus group together of rowdy students and how to get them back into The Mob.
dalpony11

Postby smupony94 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Down for what?
smupony94

Postby whitwiki » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Harlem shake?
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:46 pm

dalpony11 wrote:Need to quit playing "All About that Bass." That's one of the huge mood-killers. And maybe some t-shirt guns to get the top sections more involved? Hope the Athletics staff can get a focus group together of rowdy students and how to get them back into The Mob.

When the band plays that song, you can definitely feel any energy in Moody getting sucked out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby SMUer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:11 am

Because Moody is jammed backed with Meghan Trainor fans...*face palm*
SMUer

Previous

Return to Basketball