PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What happen to the student support

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: What happen to the student support

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:36 am

Moody has beer, food, comfortable seats and is a great place to people watch if you happen to get there 15 minutes before the tip. Just saying.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:40 am

Also I will say I haven't seen luigi or the elf since they were kicked out. I sit in sec 113 I will vouch for the phenomenon of a bunch of girls who stand but do not make any noise what so ever. All that is needed is a couple of rowdy students spread all around 112 who will turn to their neighbors and insist that they cheer. Of course this is less likely to happen when it's a group of girls (they tend to be self conscious and won't want to look "uncool").
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:52 am

I do not know if it would help, but I would open Moody 2 hours before tipoff. I have gone and gotten there about 15 minutes before they open and got turned away. If I want to go anywhere else for food or beer, it is most likely I will be late coming back. Make the pregame time a place to go and enjoy a beer or two before tipoff instead of apparently standing in line to get scanned.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:58 am

mrydel wrote:I do not know if it would help, but I would open Moody 2 hours before tipoff. I have gone and gotten there about 15 minutes before they open and got turned away. If I want to go anywhere else for food or beer, it is most likely I will be late coming back. Make the pregame time a place to go and enjoy a beer or two before tipoff instead of apparently standing in line to get scanned.

That is a good idea, but it will probably work better for non-students. Don't they somehow limit the number of beers students can buy at the game? I am guessing for some of them they want to be able to drink a few extra beers than the school would allow during that time period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:23 am

mrydel wrote:I do not know if it would help, but I would open Moody 2 hours before tipoff. I have gone and gotten there about 15 minutes before they open and got turned away. If I want to go anywhere else for food or beer, it is most likely I will be late coming back. Make the pregame time a place to go and enjoy a beer or two before tipoff instead of apparently standing in line to get scanned.

Moody is open at least an hour prior to tipoff
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby mrydel » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:26 am

I know. That is why I suggested 1 1/2 to 2. Make it a pregame place to spend a couple of hours rather than come in, grab a beer and go to your seat.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby skyscraper » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:56 am

Yesterday's student sections were the best of the season so far. Like last year? No. But much better than what we've had to date. I was fine with it.
skyscraper

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:02 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:Game programming sucks.

Game programming is just fine. Find something else to blame... Except the students, of course.
Bergermeister

Postby Smerkins » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:31 pm

couch 'em wrote:They need to make one section a rotating Greek section. Each game different house or houses. If they don't show up, they lose future rotation

I'm pretty sure that's what IFC is doing. Colorado would know better, but I think each house got to choose a upcoming home game.
Smerkins
Varsity

Postby bodo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 pm

I thought the crowd was very quiet yesterday. Student didn't make any significant noise and lots of empty seats. Maybe the 5 pm tip was the problem. I graduated in '92 and would have killed to have this team - although we did have decent teams back then...
--Bodo
bodo
Scout Team

Postby coloradoStang » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Smerkins wrote:
couch 'em wrote:They need to make one section a rotating Greek section. Each game different house or houses. If they don't show up, they lose future rotation

I'm pretty sure that's what IFC is doing. Colorado would know better, but I think each house got to choose a upcoming home game.

That is what I've heard as well. IFC got their hands on an allotment.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:00 pm

Heard last night at the game Athletic Dept has acknowledged system as it is right now has failed. Changes coming for next year. Hope they just go back to the way it was. Girls straight up shouldn't be allowed down there at this point. Students are brutal. Group I sit with was borderline angry last night. Anyone who thinks that was rowdy is nuts. A 5PM SATURDAY GAME - how is the student section not drunk and loud. So soft.

Whatever, it'll be fixed.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:02 pm

It could be better but the students did show up. I'm more annoyed with the people in the 200s that act like we are in a funeral and look at you when you start cheering loudly and try to start an SMU cheer or make noise when defending.. smh Depressing.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Nedward » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Good to hear. Guess we will see. I DVR every game to watch afterwards since Im focused on watching the gameplay. But I watched today and man our student section looks rough. Seems to me that some [deleted] from Student Activities decided to do their ultra PC effect on the ticketing and now you have an unenthusiastic, motley crew. It's embarassing and really shows poorly on the TV, in direct contrast to last year. But hey, you have your asian guy, big girl, black dude, indian guy, mexican dude, blonde chick etc. It looks like a commercial straight out of central casting. And most of them looking at their phones or staring into the roof. Pathetic.
Nedward
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:13 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:Heard last night at the game Athletic Dept has acknowledged system as it is right now has failed. Changes coming for next year. Hope they just go back to the way it was. Girls straight up shouldn't be allowed down there at this point. Students are brutal. Group I sit with was borderline angry last night. Anyone who thinks that was rowdy is nuts. A 5PM SATURDAY GAME - how is the student section not drunk and loud. So soft.

Whatever, it'll be fixed.

Great to hear.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball