PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nic Moore

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nic Moore

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:34 pm

I cannot begin to express how fun it has been watching him. What a talent. Potential conference MVP candidate?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Re: Nic Moore

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Great game tonight.

Absolutely inexcusable only about 25% of the crowd gave him a standing ovation when LB gave Nic his curtain call.

Come on, people!!!!!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:43 pm

I think I heard we had something like 24 assists on 27 baskets-that's crazy
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Stallion wrote:I think I heard we had something like 24 assists on 27 baskets-that's crazy

We did. I was pointing that out to our guests. That and we shot over 50% from 3 and in general. Nic was so impressive tonight.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby RI Stang » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:09 pm

He has taken over since KF has been out, just an incredible turnaround in terms of taking on everything, including leadership. Love seeing it and love what he's bringing. Steady and calm...
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Nacho » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Nic was outstanding. All-American candidate.
Nacho

Postby Fresno Mustang » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:06 pm

he's also avoided foul trouble which is huge
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Postby jimhagle » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Nic should have been taking more shots all year.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:11 pm

RI Stang wrote:He has taken over since KF has been out, just an incredible turnaround in terms of taking on everything, including leadership. Love seeing it and love what he's bringing. Steady and calm...

Nic Moore has lead this team since the 1st day he stepped on the court for SMU. He's the only guy we have capable of creating his own shot of the dribble but he also understands it's his job to get everyone involved. Tonight was a great display of team ball with everyone contributing...it's just that Nic was red hot from the perimeter and got a lot of open looks. Have to expect defenses focused on shutting him down as we get into the tough part of our schedule. Really nice to see Sterling responding to his increased minutes. Need some of the other guys to step up and take some pressure off Nic
Charleston Pony

Postby RI Stang » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:02 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
RI Stang wrote:He has taken over since KF has been out, just an incredible turnaround in terms of taking on everything, including leadership. Love seeing it and love what he's bringing. Steady and calm...

Nic Moore has lead this team since the 1st day he stepped on the court for SMU. He's the only guy we have capable of creating his own shot of the dribble but he also understands it's his job to get everyone involved. Tonight was a great display of team ball with everyone contributing...it's just that Nic was red hot from the perimeter and got a lot of open looks. Have to expect defenses focused on shutting him down as we get into the tough part of our schedule. Really nice to see Sterling responding to his increased minutes. Need some of the other guys to step up and take some pressure off Nic

He has led the team from a talent standpoint but not from a LEADERSHIP standpoint and that's what I'm talking about. I see a major difference since KF went out. Now whether that's a coincidence or not I don't know, but to me the biggest hole on this team earlier this year was a lack of leadership and the Cincy game showed that more than any other. I was as critical of Nic as anyone after that game and was extremely disappointed in him. But again I see a huge difference now in how he is running the team and absolutely loving it.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Nic is the muthafucking shiat.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:44 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Nic is the muthafucking shiat.

^This. We are so fortunate to have him.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:07 am

Fugging right
RGV Pony

Postby blackoutpony » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:07 am

His shot tonight was like a clown car.... Just kept coming and coming and coming and.....
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:30 am

jimhagle wrote:Nic should have been taking more shots all year.

I think he's been taking the "right" shots this year. It's the best part of his game.

Up to this point, when teams go zone, we eat them alive with great passing.

Houston went zone, but sagged. Their top 2 on the zone would almost play with their heels at the free throw line, daring us to hit the three. It opened up shots for nic because we would force it down and bring it out. Nic and the others made them pay. Great sign moving forward.
JasonB

Next

Return to Basketball