PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NCAA crap

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

NCAA crap

Postby purduedavie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:07 pm

I haven't posted a lot this year but still follow the Mustangs as close as I can, it seems everytime I look up bad news is hitting SMU. Seriously, Frazier's grade problems can't be that serious can it, he's done for the year enough is enough! It seems like the NCAA hatchetmen want to derail SMU everytime they have a chance to start getting good, NC isn't being messed with but SMU is, what a freaking joke! Anyhow, am I paranoid to think SMU will somehow get screwed out of the NCAA's this year because of sanctions? As for the team, they have enough talent to possibly make a sweet 16, these last few weeks are important for seedings, a 4 or 5 would be nice, however, I expect a 8-9 if SMU is let in because the NCAA wants to screw the ponies. Sorry for the rant, that's what it seems like to me sitting here in the frozen tundra of Northwest Indiana!
purduedavie
Scout Team

Re: NCAA crap

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:14 pm

No chance of sanctions this year. They aren't even meeting on it until March or April.

And I think this is just a Keith issue, not SMU
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby purduedavie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Thank you, from Mudiay to Kennedy, the Xavier kid to now Frazier this season has been a challenge for Brown and SMU. It seems like Kennedy is rounding into form, SMU has 7-8 nice players, sometimes that's enough, too many can hurt the flow of the game and the players performances being constantly substituted for. It seems like from a outsiders view that the NCAA feels that any good player that commits to SMU must be tainted, Frazier and Mudiay were from Dallas for god's sake, they should be SMU gets! Anyhow, I really like this team, two good players like Kennedy and Nic can lead a team a long way sometimes, hope this plays out well and the NCAA will leave this team alone!
purduedavie
Scout Team

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 pm

SMU is taking it seriously. If there was any real threat of major sanctions there is no way Frezier would still be here. We might get probation.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby ojaipony » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Personally, I'm going to put my faith in Hart and (gasp) Turner on this one. I think the absolute WORST case scenario is a scholly being taken away for next year. Anything beyond that, and I PERSONALLY will donate to a legal defense fund against that POS organization!

Until then, I'm not sweating it and enjoying every single second of this (hopefully historic) run this year (time to hang a banner indeed)! And, very excited for next year with all the perimeter skill coming in to add to the Semi addition.
ojaipony

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Losing Ulric is plenty punishment enough.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Stop golf coaches giving recruits stuff
smupony94

Postby photopony » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 pm

The kid failed a class. That's not the NCAA's problem.
photopony
Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 pm

smupony94 wrote:Stop golf coaches giving recruits stuff

Please NCAA…mulligan?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Nacho » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 pm

saw some friends recently who had never heard of cheating in golf. they thought it was pretty funny.
Nacho

Postby Smu97186 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 pm

I think a pretty good sign is that keith was on the bench last game. If smu knew the allegations could be serious, they would try to distance themselves from him quickly
Smu97186
Varsity

Postby Topper » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:30 pm

ojaipony wrote:Personally, I'm going to put my faith in Hart and (gasp) Turner on this one. I think the absolute WORST case scenario is a scholly being taken away for next year. Anything beyond that, and I PERSONALLY will donate to a legal defense fund against that POS organization!

Until then, I'm not sweating it and enjoying every single second of this (hopefully historic) run this year (time to hang a banner indeed)! And, very excited for next year with all the perimeter skill coming in to add to the Semi addition.

Me too, but you are risking incurring the wrath of some prominent people on this board who are scared of lawsuits against the NCAA. Maybe Jerry Tarkanian has taught us something about dealing with bullies. Stand up to them and they back down. Particularly if they put us in a position to subpoeana their in-house correspondence regarding enforcement issues. That would make for some very interesting reading.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:06 pm

[deleted] the NCAA! They've already done to us the absolute worst thing that can EVER be done to a program and that was because we KEPT cheating . . . over about 5 years AFTER all kinds of penalties.

Support your godfather and this program. [deleted] the NCAA!
ojaipony

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:31 pm

Nacho wrote:saw some friends recently who had never heard of cheating in golf. they thought it was pretty funny.

Then they've never played a round in their life.
smusic 00

Postby mrydel » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 pm

I don't cheat. I just play by my own rules.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Next

Return to Basketball