PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Goodman says LB on the Hot Seat

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Goodman says LB on the Hot Seat

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:42 am

Treadway21 wrote:Why would he fail classes if the NCAA "is sniffing around. " that statement makes no sense.

I mean with the NCAA sniffing around it might be harder to fudge academic progress. It is clear that MK struggles academically, that is not going to change, and if it needs some massaging to get him eligible next year that will be hard if the NCAA is all over us for academic improprieties
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:46 am

We have lost three kids to academics this year. The NCAA is up our backsides about academic issues. I can't be the only one who sees this as problematic. It's not like we had all our players eligible all year and then the NCAA claimed we shoudlnt have. We found our own players ineligible and the NCAA is still after us.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby couch 'em » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:04 am

Mustangsabu wrote:We have lost three kids to academics this year. The NCAA is up our backsides about academic issues. I can't be the only one who sees this as problematic. It's not like we had all our players eligible all year and then the NCAA claimed we shoudlnt have. We found our own players ineligible and the NCAA is still after us.

I hear what you are saying, and hammering us to distract from the issues out east would be classic NCAA. But let's see what happens first. We are loaded with connections to DISD (major grade changing there) Prime Prep (obvious) and not to mention Mudiay. Seems like for image the NCAA would have to look in to those things for image purposes. Doesn't mean they do anytjing or that we have anything to hide.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Nacho » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:21 am

i hear that goodman is on the hot seat.
Nacho

Postby smusportspage » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 am

That is what I hear as well...could get messy for him.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 am

If we were cheating academically, NO ONE would be ineligible. Get it. As far as APR is concerned, that is a six year average and we have a long way to go before we fall below 60% which is where you lose scholarships. Cincinnati somehow kept above the line for years despite no graduating anyone. Not sure how UNC, Duke and Kentucky with one and dones stay out of jail on that one.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Grant Carter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:30 am

EastStang wrote:If we were cheating academically, NO ONE would be ineligible. Get it. As far as APR is concerned, that is a six year average and we have a long way to go before we fall below 60% which is where you lose scholarships. Cincinnati somehow kept above the line for years despite no graduating anyone. Not sure how UNC, Duke and Kentucky with one and dones stay out of jail on that one.

I believe it is 4 years. What is the 60% you refer to? I thought the APR cutoff for post season participation was 930. If an athlete is in good academic standing when they leave the school then it does not hurt APR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball