PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Seth Davis Getting On My Nerves

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Seth Davis Getting On My Nerves

Postby PonyKai » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Seems like an effort to connect dots that aren't necessarily connected.
PonyKai
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby diveonthefloor2014 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:04 pm

CalallenStang wrote: Maligi called to inquire about KF's grades, KF's grade was changed and the transcript was faxed to SMU. Upon receiving the fax, Maligi called Kimball High School again to verify the grades as they were not in line with his understanding of Keith's academics. The questionable grade was changed back to what it should have been. Keith had to take a summer school class in order to become eligible.

If things are as simple and straightforward as CalallenStang's understanding of the DISD report, then SMU's involvement doesn't seem to warrant ANY sanctions. In fact, one could argue that Maligi should be commended for making sure the transcript was accurate. Is there something more that we're not seeing here? Otherwise this whole "situation" makes no sense!
diveonthefloor2014
Recruit

Postby DiamondM » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:12 pm

If you don't know who Seth Davis it's, you don't follow college basketball. Regular CBS sports studio guy. Normally, I like his stuff. He's just got an SMU blind spot this year.

By the way ojai, I am also a Dukie. Been a fan since I was about 12 with Bilas and Dawkins. Ended up a Mustang for undergrad when I had to turn down Duke for lack of funds and SMU gave me lots of scholarship $. My mom felt bad, but I told her not to worry would go to Duke for grad school. I did. It all worked out the way it was supposed to be. Me as a loyal Mustang and a Cameron Crazie.

No reason to overgeneralize. Plenty of good apples and bad apples at both schools.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby NY Pony » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:30 pm

RunningStang wrote:When was the last time Sports Illustrated was relevant? The eighties??

Jason Collins and Lebron. And that special week every February when the swimsuit issue comes around.

For print, they've been better than most at staying relevant.
NY Pony
All-American

Postby CalallenStang » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:35 am

diveonthefloor2014 wrote:
CalallenStang wrote: Maligi called to inquire about KF's grades, KF's grade was changed and the transcript was faxed to SMU. Upon receiving the fax, Maligi called Kimball High School again to verify the grades as they were not in line with his understanding of Keith's academics. The questionable grade was changed back to what it should have been. Keith had to take a summer school class in order to become eligible.

If things are as simple and straightforward as CalallenStang's understanding of the DISD report, then SMU's involvement doesn't seem to warrant ANY sanctions. In fact, one could argue that Maligi should be commended for making sure the transcript was accurate. Is there something more that we're not seeing here? Otherwise this whole "situation" makes no sense!

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/202708963

If you read nothing else in that report, Page 22 indicates that Maligi questioned the grades. Earlier, it's indicated by SMU compliance that Maligi did not provide the transcripts to make Keith eligible at the time because he did not believe the grades to be real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball