PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

they better get their licks in this year

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: they better get their licks in this year

Postby Morris Code 11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:45 am

The Falcon wrote:
Morris Code 11 wrote:
Nacho wrote:with nick returning and the new guys in the back court we will definitely upgrade.
i'm concerned about our bigs. with yanick and mk in the game together we can dominate the front court. no one in the american can match them. not many teams in the country have that kind of length and talent.

Easy with that. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here cuz we're beating up on poor AAC teams lately. MK and Yanick duo is a serious force for sure, but we're setting our sights for bigger things than crushing Tulane and Temple. Cincy has a big frontcourt that we were outmatched by, Zaga has big boys with skill, Texas has great length, that's just a couple. Most teams in the tourney will be able to match us up front...I mean at least that's what I'm looking forward to, not AAC tourney.

You are forgetting that Kennedy did not play against either the Zags or Cinci; and he is just
now rounding into shape. With him I think we would also have beaten Indiana and probably \
Arkansas. We have him now and even without Keith - the team seems to be playing much
better
. We will know more after the Tulsa game.

I was calling for more playing time for Sterling before this even happened, and said that we were gonna be a better team not having to get Keith his minutes and win more games on the road without him. Thats sacrilegious around here though.

Yea all the games that MK didn't play in would have been different if he had, no doubt. Just saying in the tournament, they will be neutralized to an extent and it will be on Nic/Sterling/Gu/Manuel to carry us when offense sputters.
"We're not a hurry-up no-huddle offense, we're a hurry-up no-huddle football team and program. It's gonna start with our secretaries, its gonna resonate with maintenance department, everyone, they're gonna understand what 'tempo' is all about."
Morris Code 11
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Basketball