PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cinci at SMU on ESPN

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cinci at SMU on ESPN

Postby GreenbeltPony » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:26 pm

EconPony'10 wrote:
coloradoStang wrote:
ObeyMyDog wrote:Last year it was awesome, and it was all fraternities with few, if any, chicks.... MOB sucks, they will be terrible for this game like all the others. Hope they enjoy it because it 100% is changing next year.

Hope the ath dept figures out a way to make it looks like it is a fair allocation, but in practice just goes back to the way it was last year. Non frats had their opportunity. they're done. Go away. Time for political with this whole ordeal is over.

unofficial policy to give 100ish tickets to IFC per game under the table. Then let IFC figure out how to distribute. I think that would make a world of difference.

I like this idea a lot.

+1. Encourages IFC support of athetlics in general.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby ObeyMyDog » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Give all of the tickets to the IFC - if you wanna go to the game and aren't greek then join the band. The last game sent me over the edge. If you can't get loud and rowdy on a 5PM saturday game - where people twice your age are more liquored up then you - then you are entirely helpless and a problem.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby couch 'em » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm

It's an easy fair solution - we have 3 blocks of students, west, south behind benches, and east.

Make one block MOB with all the requirements, one block rotating Greek (and for PC purposes other similar campus orgs, with some way to screen out the junk orgs), and the third can be general admission with a lottery of some kind for each game, and it can also be used as needed to give more tickets to Greeks that are good for the atmosphere, or to reward student groups via contests, or whatever.

Eventually if we keep winning get the MOB will be good but it is going to take 5+ years to get there
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:44 pm

IFC would most likely do each fraternity picks games they want. 2 per game each gets 50. Or each fraternity gets 10 tickets a game. IMO it works better to give 2 50 per game and they can compete against each other and be organized. I think that would be a huge change, and I think IFC would show if athletics welcomed us like that for sure
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:09 pm

you know the MOB is absolutely awful when you can't spot ONE beer in the entire section. Damnit kids, this is college. Live a little.
Pony ^

Postby ObeyMyDog » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:21 pm

But they aren't 21, wouldn't want to break the rules.... Even if you are 21 though, how are you supposed to cross your arms and suck at being rowdy if you have to hold a beer in one hand?
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby MoodyMagic » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:23 pm

what planet do you people live on? I've tried, but I just can't even.

The student support is still there. Other schools have VERY similar systems to get into limited seating sporting events. No one will ever fly back to dallas to go to games over christmas break. I know your geriatric asses might cut a bridge game short in your busy schedules to get to your seats 30 minutes before tip (whoever in another thread asked for moody to be open an hour and a half before tip is the single worst offender of you all), but students are going to show up late. Yes traffic is an excuse on weeknights.

If i see another "if i was a student i'd be at the game 9 hours early and scream till my lungs fall out" - With how much all of yall comment on Markus Kennedy's most recent tweet, and where ben moore gets his pedicures done, and uniform semantics i imagine if any of you trolls had grown up in the internet age you'd be standing with the silent girls subtweeting about how "basketball is OMG so cool whats everyone wearing to homebar tonight"

Having serious fans at a glorified daycare school is going to be a process. Deal with it
MoodyMagic
Junior Varsity

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:23 pm

couch 'em wrote:It's an easy fair solution - we have 3 blocks of students, west, south behind benches, and east.

Make one block MOB with all the requirements, one block rotating Greek (and for PC purposes other similar campus orgs, with some way to screen out the junk orgs), and the third can be general admission with a lottery of some kind for each game, and it can also be used as needed to give more tickets to Greeks that are good for the atmosphere, or to reward student groups via contests, or whatever.

Eventually if we keep winning get the MOB will be good but it is going to take 5+ years to get there

Not a bad idea.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby ObeyMyDog » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:27 pm

I think the major concern is that when the students get to the games, the actual support is what blows... unless you consider support being physically present in the arena for the majority of the game...
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:36 pm

It's sad. There's no way in hell they would keep me out of Moody if I was a current student. I hope a majority of the students realize how lucky they are to a top 25 team to support. It's very special and should not be taken for granted.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:52 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:It's sad. There's no way in hell they would keep me out of Moody if I was a current student. I hope a majority of the students realize how lucky they are to a top 25 team to support. It's very special and should not be taken for granted.

We're the instant gratification generation. So no, they don't care.

And there is no more Moody Madness. This is why the Mob seriously needs some sort of formal leadership. It's a joke and a massive mistake by hart and whoever organized it, that they didn't have some sort of student leadership structure from the start.

I'm also going to blame some of the blue hairs and grandpa's who I know have complained to Hart/Turner and co about how loud and mad it was (hence Luigi being thrown out). THAT"S THE [deleted] POINT. I actually saw someone knitting at a game once. F-ing knitting. When you get complained at for standing up and yelling, there's a fundamental problem. Same thing about some used to having their own sections/ rows at the Ford Morgue. I'm not blaming those on this board, but there's just a massive generational gap in the fan base, and it shows.

For God's sake, this article was written about how crazy we were JUST LAST YEAR
http://totalfratmove.com/get-loud-or-gt ... t-section/
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby okcponyfan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:02 pm

I only got to go to one game last year (the cincy game) and it was rocking. I paid an arm and a leg and sat in 202. They were great seats, what I did notice is what we want. Next to us there were 4 "daddy's little girls" (probably a top 3 house) sitting next to us. I am sure one of their dad's bought them tickets in 202 bc they had to be there and couldn't get in the student section. The whole game they were pointing out different people they knew on the floor and who they were with. That's the kind of mob we need, where 4 sorority girls are dying to sit down there to be seen.

Hoping the next few games it will get rowdy again starting with the game Saturday.
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:29 pm

okcponyfan wrote:Next to us there were 4 "daddy's little girls" (probably a top 3 house) sitting next to us. I am sure one of their dad's bought them tickets in 202 bc they had to be there and couldn't get in the student section. The whole game they were pointing out different people they knew on the floor and who they were with. That's the kind of mob we need, where 4 sorority girls are dying to sit down there to be seen.

Yeah - then we can get the dance cam back the way it should be as well.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby ObeyMyDog » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:31 pm

To everyone who thinks the current Mob is just learning, or needs leadership, or something else stupid .... read that article blackoutpony posted and tell me if anything this year has come even remotely close to what is being described. Obviously, the answer is rhetorical, and it isn't just due to the circumstances of last year or that game. What a joke.
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby DiamondM » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Those of you claiming that you have to be (1) drunk and (2) in a frat to be loud and support the team are just dumb. If you need alcohol and your brahs to make you brave enough to be loud in Moody, then you suck in the first place.
DiamondM
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball