PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cinci at SMU on ESPN

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cinci at SMU on ESPN

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:47 pm

PonyPlayer4 wrote:The Mob is dead.

Certainly on life support

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:09 am

PonySnob wrote:
PonyPlayer4 wrote:The Mob is dead.

Certainly on life support

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The plug has already been pulled. No hope.

70% girls and bookworms ain't gonna cut it.
Pony ^

Postby EconPony'10 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:55 am

^ This...

Just a question about the system and possible change for next year... Why don't they let the games be first come first serve for the students? Everyone knows that the rowdy drunks and party students are not mature enough to follow MOB rules to be in. Let's have a line for students before the game and someone selling beer to the kids in line :shock:
EconPony'10
Varsity

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:58 am

EconPony'10 wrote:^ This...

Just a question about the system and possible change for next year... Why don't they let the games be first come first serve for the students? Everyone knows that the rowdy drunks and party students are not mature enough to follow MOB rules to be in. Let's have a line for students before the game and someone selling beer to the kids in line :shock:

Why are you confident that the same group of kids who were capable of following the rules to get tickets will not be the ones at the front of the line if it is first come first serve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby EconPony'10 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:08 am

Grant Carter wrote:

Why are you confident that the same group of kids who were capable of following the rules to get tickets will not be the ones at the front of the line if it is first come first serve?

I'm not confident at all. Just trying to see how they could change it up next year in favor of the procrastinators and drunkards/screamers haha
EconPony'10
Varsity

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:18 am

EconPony'10 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:

I'm not confident at all. Just trying to see how they could change it up next year in favor of the procrastinators and drunkards/screamers haha

We all want them there, I just question whether there is a way to make it happen (short of hand picking who gets those seats), unless they take it upon themselves to put out the effort to get those seats.

Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:45 am

I like the idea of revolving fraternities in 112. or at least half of the section.

The student sections are almost always 50% full every game at tip.
Pony ^

Postby SMU Section F » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:02 pm

"First come, first serve" on a per game basis would at least help solve the problem of late arrivals.

I'm not sure what the solution for the low energy levels is, other than games with higher stakes. So far we haven't seen anything at Moody that even compares to last year's UConn, Memphis, Cincinnati, or Louisville games and that makes a huge difference.

I don't have faith that just throwing in more fraternities will solve anything. If those groups cared enough (or at all), they'd already have tickets. It is an incredibly simple system that requires very little effort, so that excuse just doesn't seem to make sense.

I think the fact is that SMU basketball is greatly improved, but has already stopped being "trendy" with people that are not sports fans. Continued success on the court is, as always, the key to bringing back (and maybe sustaining) the high energy levels.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Pony ^ wrote:I like the idea of revolving fraternities in 112. or at least half of the section.

So basically hand picking the people who get to sit there. I would love it, but in this day and age I doubt they can do that without letting all student groups have an opportunity.

Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:I like the idea of revolving fraternities in 112. or at least half of the section.

So basically hand picking the people who get to sit there. I would love it, but in this day and age I doubt they can do that without letting all student groups have an opportunity.

Haha letting all student groups get reserved tickets would be a disaster as far as getting rowdy is concerned.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:08 pm

coloradoStang wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:

Haha letting all student groups get reserved tickets would be a disaster as far as getting rowdy is concerned.

Agreed, but I just don't see the admin telling groups besides fraternities they are going to be left out.

Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby ObeyMyDog » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Last year it was awesome, and it was all fraternities with few, if any, chicks.... MOB sucks, they will be terrible for this game like all the others. Hope they enjoy it because it 100% is changing next year.

Hope the ath dept figures out a way to make it look like it is a fair allocation, but in practice just goes back to the way it was last year. Non frats had their opportunity. they're done. Go away. Time for being political with this whole ordeal is over.
Last edited by ObeyMyDog on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:23 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:Last year it was awesome, and it was all fraternities with few, if any, chicks.... MOB sucks, they will be terrible for this game like all the others. Hope they enjoy it because it 100% is changing next year.

Hope the ath dept figures out a way to make it looks like it is a fair allocation, but in practice just goes back to the way it was last year. Non frats had their opportunity. they're done. Go away. Time for political with this whole ordeal is over.

unofficial policy to give 100ish tickets to IFC per game under the table. Then let IFC figure out how to distribute. I think that would make a world of difference.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby EconPony'10 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Maybe if we added yelling auditions to the MOB requirements? Have to be able to meet a certain decibel to gain entry lol
EconPony'10
Varsity

Postby EconPony'10 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:25 pm

coloradoStang wrote:
ObeyMyDog wrote:Last year it was awesome, and it was all fraternities with few, if any, chicks.... MOB sucks, they will be terrible for this game like all the others. Hope they enjoy it because it 100% is changing next year.

Hope the ath dept figures out a way to make it looks like it is a fair allocation, but in practice just goes back to the way it was last year. Non frats had their opportunity. they're done. Go away. Time for political with this whole ordeal is over.

unofficial policy to give 100ish tickets to IFC per game under the table. Then let IFC figure out how to distribute. I think that would make a world of difference.

I like this idea a lot.
EconPony'10
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball