PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jon Rothstein on Sterling Brown

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jon Rothstein on Sterling Brown

Postby FriscoPMG » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:17 pm

• SMU's Sterling Brown is quietly becoming one of the nation's better glue guys. Thrust into the starting lineup after Keith Frazier was ruled ineligible the rest of the season, the 6-6 sophomore has flourished. In the three games, Brown is averaging 9 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists while making 4 of 7 3-point shots. This is Larry Brown's type of player.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25001945/observations-time-to-count-stanfords-guards-among-nations-best
FriscoPMG
All-American

Re: Jon Rothstein on Sterling Brown

Postby Nacho » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:01 pm

if he shot the 3 every time he was open he would be averaging 20 ppg.
unselfish player who plays an intelligent game.

when manuel and sterling are on the floor who is playin the 2 and who is playing the 3?
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Nacho wrote:if he shot the 3 every time he was open he would be averaging 20 ppg.
unselfish player who plays an intelligent game.

when manuel and sterling are on the floor who is playin the 2 and who is playing the 3?

What i have noticed is that thete are times that Ryan is the 1 and Nick works off the ball. This seems to be increasing and probably has something to do with his increased scoring. Sterling is pretty much the three.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby ObeyMyDog » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Sterling is in there to defend and distribute, and he does a great job of that. Scoring for him is gravy. If he can keep elevating back up to the defensive show he put on in the NIT last year, he is going to be invaluable down the stretch and give the other team big time fits.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby ender3 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Total game, I feel that Sterling is a superior player to Keith. Love Keith's enthusiasm, but the additional minutes for Sterling in his absence is definitely not a minus, and may be a plus.
Stallion doesn't think I'm a stinkin' genius anymore.
ender3
All-American

Postby The PonyGrad » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:44 pm

ender3 wrote:Total game, I feel that Sterling is a superior player to Keith. Love Keith's enthusiasm, but the additional minutes for Sterling in his absence is definitely not a minus, and may be a plus.

Hard to say, Sterling is solid but Keith made a big jump from last season and hopefully will continue to do so.
8)
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby SMU Section F » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:01 pm

The PonyGrad wrote:
ender3 wrote:Total game, I feel that Sterling is a superior player to Keith. Love Keith's enthusiasm, but the additional minutes for Sterling in his absence is definitely not a minus, and may be a plus.

Hard to say, Sterling is solid but Keith made a big jump from last season and hopefully will continue to do so.

Right now Sterling looks like the superior all-around player to me, but there's an argument to be had either way. Regardless, I sure wish we had them both...
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:01 pm

I don't know who is overall better between keith and sterling. I think keith is more athletic and has a better offensive game while Sterling is a better defender. Both are enthusiastic and I think bring good intangibles. Keith definetly has a higher ceiling. I really wish we still had Keith.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball